More gloom and doom..CS is tanking

oldngray

nowhere special
Our BA said that UPS anticipated this and positioned themselves such that our retirees would be the last ones affected by an cuts, which could be as high as 30% for non-UPS retirees.

That was part of the reason for the carve out UPS got - because of the billions they already paid to Central States.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
the second letter is much more somber..raceanoncr, can you scan and upload it, you saw my great job

raceanoncr

bs 001.jpg
bs 002.jpg

Johney

kind of ruined Saturday didn't it...this is serious stuff
Well I won't say it ruined my Saturday it would take a lot more than that. Over the last dozen years I've kinda wondered if there would still be a pension when I retired. I have tried to put away enough so that if it were to ever vanish I could still survive and live a modest life without it. I'm more concerned if it were to affect people who have already retired and depend on their pension. Some people years ago may not have seen the writing on the wall. Is what it is. Am I happy about it? No. Is there anything I can do about it? We shall see.

upschuck

Our BA said that UPS anticipated this and positioned themselves such that our retirees would be the last ones affected by an cuts, which could be as high as 30% for non-UPS retirees.
Unless it is in your supplement(it is in the Central because they took over the pension), all bets are off.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Well I won't say it ruined my Saturday it would take a lot more than that. Over the last dozen years I've kinda wondered if there would still be a pension when I retired. I have tried to put away enough so that if it were to ever vanish I could still survive and live a modest life without it. I'm more concerned if it were to affect people who have already retired and depend on their pension. Some people years ago may not have seen the writing on the wall. Is what it is. Am I happy about it? No. Is there anything I can do about it? We shall see.
hurts because im so close to retirement, thats a pension i earned

Us No voters wanted the pension issues addressed. But Hoffa declared an impasse. (Yes I said it many times) but :censored2: him.
And :censored2: the lazy POS that didn't vote.

Johney

hurts because im so close to retirement, thats a pension i earned
I hear ya I'm close myself. I (wife also) just always wanted to plan on a pension payment be icing on the cake, if it vanished I would be upset and angry but able to still retire.