More hidden clues for the Shocktober announcement

Discussion in 'FedEx Discussions' started by ScubaEx, Aug 9, 2012.

1. ScubaEx

ScubaEx New Member

Our sign that is on our stations building and the one out by the street was changed today from FedEx express sign to FedEx Ship Center. Lol. My future is doomed
  2. thedownhillEXPRESS

thedownhillEXPRESS Well-Known Member

Express is doomed.....
  3. STFXG

STFXG Well-Known Member

Picture or it didn't happen.
  4. ScubaEx

ScubaEx New Member

I'll take one tomorrow. I saw it when I was leaving for the day.
  5. Rhoderunner

Rhoderunner Active Member

Ours was changed months ago !!!
  6. SmithBarney

SmithBarney Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice when they "refreshed" the drop boxes. that the "Express" portion is a
    separate sticker? Easily removed to perhaps facilitate a branding change? hrmm maybe I should
    peak inside the envelope taped inside the box that says "maintenance supplies"
  7. Mr. 7

Mr. 7 The monkey on the left.

Our "Express" station takes in, probably, 4x the amount of ground volume vs. Express.
  8. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

That's insane! Is that just over the counter freight?
  9. Mr. 7

I see at least 2 pallets going out every day. (we are a small sta.)
    I had to ask one of the CSAs, "do you guys take in more ground than express"? His answer "Much more".
  10. 59 Dano

59 Dano Well-Known Member

I didn't know if you meant over the counter or total outbound, including PUPs.
  11. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

That is no surprise. It's the same at UPS. Simple economics. Air products cost much more than ground and are typically used by necessity, rather than choice.
  12. Mr. 7

It amazes me how much frt. I pup that is staying within my state and custs. check off 2 day or xs.
    I shake my head b'c they could get it there ground overnight (not guaranteed) for much less but, I don't say anything.
    They'll figure it out eventually.