More incompatibles coming?

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Heard on the news this morning that Fedex ground is going to start charging not just based on overweight packages but large, long & irregular packages. Apparently they were only charging for overweights and not for irregs.

This is supposed to price them out on some larger packages so I wonder if we're going to start seeing more big stupid stuff.

Future

Victory Ride
Heard on the news this morning that Fedex ground is going to start charging not just based on overweight packages but large, long & irregular packages. Apparently they were only charging for overweights and not for irregs.

This is supposed to price them out on some larger packages so I wonder if we're going to start seeing more big stupid stuff.
I think the big stupid stuff is already here,my resi pkgs are much bigger than my buisness stuff!

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I'm not sure I can take many more big boxes. I'm 6'2" 240 and had three boxes I could of napped in today.

On the flip side they sure filled up that p57 quick and made it look like I had more work than I did. Made those first stops of the day and the other 7 hours were smooth sailing.

I agree my pkgs are getting bigger but what's bad is the post office pkgs they started as smalls but are huge now I wish we had that work back we would have couple more routes in my center now!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I agree my pkgs are getting bigger but what's bad is the post office pkgs they started as smalls but are huge now I wish we had that work back we would have couple more routes in my center now!

Sent using BrownCafe App
Uh did you read that contract you hopefully voted on?

beentheredonethat

Both FDX and UPS charges for Dim weight for pkgs over 3 cubic feet (for ground pkgs). The changes announced by FDX ground is that they will "dim out" pkgs under the 3 cubic foot threshold. Pkgs like diapers for example that are somewhat large but light will be charged additional rates. The question is if UPS follows suit and matches those rate increases, or if we do not and win over that new volume from FDX. This has nothing to do with irregs or what we consider Oversize packages.