More major U.S. corporations join boycott of Alberta oilsands fuels

P

pickup

Why shoulldn't I believe the above article ?

Just do your own research.
Alberta is fighting back.

Fighting back? I didn't realize a conflict was being waged in the first place. Why place a 56,000 dollar ad if you have a market that can take the place of the American market?

klein

Für Meno :)
Fighting back? I didn't realize a conflict was being waged in the first place. Why place a 56,000 dollar ad if you have a market that can take the place of the American market?

First of all the pipeline to the weast coast shipping yards haven't been built yet.
Secondly, it's called security (grab markets anywhere you can - we have plenty of it).

Here is how it's played out here on our local news :

Latest : Retailer boycott : CTV Edmonton

Alberta business advocates call on shoppers to boycott several big American chains, including The Gap, Timberland, and Levi Strauss, after reports suggest some plan to avoid using gasoline from the oilsands

P

pickup

First of all the pipeline to the weast coast shipping yards haven't been built yet.
Secondly, it's called security (grab markets anywhere you can - we have plenty of it).

Here is how it's played out here on our local news :

Latest : Retailer boycott : CTV Edmonton

Alberta business advocates call on shoppers to boycott several big American chains, including The Gap, Timberland, and Levi Strauss, after reports suggest some plan to avoid using gasoline from the oilsands

Look if you guys want to rape the environment , have fun but if we don't want to help you in that effort, too bad.

klein

The power of facebook :

Levi Strauss not boycotting Alberta oil

Karyn Mulcahy, Global News: Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:46 PM

Three American companies generated a buzz in our province on Friday when they announced that they would be boycotting fuel produced from Alberta's oilsands, but some of the companies may not be taking part in the boycott after all.

An announcement came last week that Walgreens drug stores, The Gap, Timberland, Levi Strauss and Whole Foods were joining the move to avoid oil products produced in Alberta.
However as of Wednesday, The GAP, Levi Strauss and Timberland have had their names taken off a Facebook group that encourages Albertans and Canadians to boycott the boycotters.

The power of facebook :

Levi Strauss not boycotting Alberta oil

Karyn Mulcahy, Global News: Wednesday, September 1, 2010 12:46 PM

Three American companies generated a buzz in our province on Friday when they announced that they would be boycotting fuel produced from Alberta's oilsands, but some of the companies may not be taking part in the boycott after all.

An announcement came last week that Walgreens drug stores, The Gap, Timberland, Levi Strauss and Whole Foods were joining the move to avoid oil products produced in Alberta.
However as of Wednesday, The GAP, Levi Strauss and Timberland have had their names taken off a Facebook group that encourages Albertans and Canadians to boycott the boycotters.

Oh no! Will Facebook survive?

klein

Lucy, you're posts are getting old.

Go, back to your conservatives ways, and cheer on the banks for gambling all the deposits away, that Americans worked and saved hard for.
Enjoy and push for more of your Reaganomics of no regulations.
Let Wall Street and the Banks handle it all !
Just like the Rebublicans want the banks and Wall Street handle social secuirty.
Give it all to Freddie and Fanny as all I can care. Let them gamble it all away.

Your excuse for other countries surpassing the US economy is Obama and Obama only.
Sorry, to tell you, India, China, Australia, Canada and many more have been in the move for decades.

What has the US done over the past decade to stay on the move, besides the fake housing boom, and adding to the national debt, and nearly putting the entire banking industry into bankruptcy, among with huge manufactures such as GM and Chrysler ?

Sounds like you're in the toiltte barfing.
But why would you even care, you earn $43 / hr. screw the others, that is your opinion in almost every thread.
Right ? Who gives a crap about the rest of America, as long as I'm doing well.

As long as US citizens have an attitude like yours, you'll find your country America falling even more.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Lucy, you're posts are getting old.
Apparently not...did you get it yet???:wink2:
Go, back to your conservatives ways, and cheer on the banks for gambling all the deposits away, that Americans worked and saved hard for.
Enjoy and push for more of your Reaganomics of no regulations.
Let Wall Street and the Banks handle it all !
Just like the Rebublicans want the banks and Wall Street handle social secuirty.
Give it all to Freddie and Fanny as all I can care. Let them gamble it all away.
Ooooohhhhhh.....just feel that hatred for Americans...:laughing:

Your excuse for other countries surpassing the US economy is Obama and Obama only.
Sorry, to tell you, India, China, Australia, Canada and many more have been in the move for decades.
It hurts...please stop. LMAO!!!!!:whiteflag:
What has the US done over the past decade to stay on the move, besides the fake housing boom, and adding to the national debt, and nearly putting the entire banking industry into bankruptcy, among with huge manufactures such as GM and Chrysler ?
Keep trying...:rolleyes:
Sounds like you're in the toiltte barfing.
I dont have that expericence when i drink...i can control my self...:st_patrick:
But why would you even care, you earn $43 / hr. screw the others, that is your opinion in almost every thread.
Right ? Who gives a crap about the rest of America, as long as I'm doing well.
Your grasping...dont be a hater just cause i have a job and you dont. :smart:
As long as US citizens have an attitude like yours, you'll find your country America falling even more.
Is that the best you can do??? :dissapointed:[/QUOTE]

P

pickup

Hey Canada, you're not as big as you thought you were. Nor Germany for that matter!

klein

Pelosi in Ottawa "to learn and listen"

OTTAWA
Nancy Pelosi, one of the most powerful lawmakers in the United States, was in Ottawa Wednesday "to learn and listen" as the debate rages in Canada over Alberta oilsands.