more miss loads now then ever.

Brown Stain

Reason being, don't think mgmt isn't throwing a few in your load to discipline you. I have never had more miss loads then i do now. Anyone else feel the same way?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Reason being, don't think mgmt isn't throwing a few in your load to discipline you. I have never had more miss loads then i do now. Anyone else feel the same way?

What you describe is called SALTING--when mgt throws a misload or two on to your PC to see what you will do with them. Report all misloads through the DIAD, run off those that you can and sheet those that you can't as directed.

Scuderia

Since they installed their "fool-proof" sorting system, for our small sort, miss loads have been hit and miss. One month we'll have like 10, next month 125. So yeah... friend-O-O-L P-R-O-O-friend

menotyou

bella amicizia
Have you noticed a correlation between Preload having to come in later(less hours) and misloads? Between PAS/EDD installation and more misloads?

Indecisi0n

Not sure if i was "salted" the other day when i had 8 misloads. I was told to run two of them which took 1.5 hours out of my day for a res amazon book. Seems retarded if you ask me but I am only a dumb driver. I do what the office tells me to. :happy2:

HBGPreloader

With fewer hours and volumes higher than peak, mistakes are inevitable. I'm now loading nearly double the (package car) volume than when I first started and my supervisors act as if I should thank them. When I recently made a comment to my BA about this, he quickly changed the subject and left the area. Man, we are going to get screwed with this next contract.

hdkappler

With fewer hours and volumes higher than peak, mistakes are inevitable. I'm now loading nearly double the (package car) volume than when I first started and my supervisors act as if I should thank them. When I recently made a comment to my BA about this, he quickly changed the subject and left the area. Man, we are going to get screwed with this next contract.
not if you vote hoffa out.fred's slate or sandy's slate sound alot better.if i could vote it wouldn't be hoffa.

blue741

With me it has everything to do with time and independence. I'm still a bit new and I make about 2-4 misloads a day. My supervisor went on vacation for a week so I had a temp sup. She let me do my thing and didn't bother me; I had zero misloads for the week. My regular sup would constantly hurry me and would call me name for no apparent reason so I have to stop and see what he wants.

It doesn't help at all when management pressures you to load four trucks and be completely done in 3.5 hours.

Last edited:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The missloads definitely have gotten worse since we went on PAS/Edd. The Preloader just reads the PAL Label and doesn't have to know from memorizing or looking on a Load Chart to know what goes on a specific PAckage Car. Before PAS, my Preloader had one missort every six months. Now I have a five year guy who missorts about every day. Throwing an extra package car on a Preloader doesn't make sense when you add in the cost of two Package Drivers wasting time to meet each other or have them waiting for somebody to shuttle a missort out to them.

kdogg788

Can't speak for preload because I have another job during the day but loading feeders I've had one missload over the past 3 weeks. Some people have gotten several a night.

-k

ORLY!?!

Master Loader
I havnt had a missload in about 7 months. The reason why is I take my time and never rush anything. I also catch bad slaps almost everyday.

The problem is UPS has made the load amount way too great for the start time given to us. They expect people to be hitting 270 an hour as well. Last year, they wanted people at 217 an hour. It's a different story, a different tune, flavor of the month with these people. The damn union is silent on this issue.

Plus they are writting up preloaders for having a single missload on a daily baises.

I agree, these numbers are much higher then peak, and it has almost been a year of the same. How does peak look for us now. All of us!

menotyou

bella amicizia
I hope those preloaders are writing rebuttals. Always defend yourself against their senseless and endless waste of paper!

Azrjn4864

I load 4 trucks, somedays I have only 3 when one route I load gets cut, but most of the time I load 4. With that being said,last week *the shift had started and my sup asked me to move some trucks around and offered to pull and load for me while I was moving them... When I got back and started loading my trucks after only being gone around 5-10 min...I was already stacked out bad!!! Then I found 3 misloads on 1 truck, 2 on another and 4 on my last truck... LMAO!!! love it!!! The next time he came out of the office and walked by me I said... Uummm, Mr. "Smith" (named changed), I would like to see you after sorts is down, we need to have a talk about your performance and the amount of misloads you've been having.... Obviously he and I get along really well or I wouldn't have joked with him like that, but he also got the point I was making... Everyone has them from time to time, some more than others, some for reasons that are clearly unavoidable (2 unloaders, an extra truck or two!)... some also have misloads just because (to put it mildly, they suck or stand around talking rather than working). I have not had one in well over a year, which I am kind of proud of. I take care of my drivers for many reasons, but the main reason is I like them and want them to have as good of a day as they can and anything I can do by being their loader, I try to do...

Jigawatts

Here are just a few problems with the perfect system.

1) Staggered start times: The person at the end of the belt starts 5 minutes after the person right beside them. Apparently it takes an extra five minutes for a package to go from one person to the next. In some cases, loaders are starting 15 minutes after the un-loaders. You're doomed from go.

2) The obvious: PPH. More and more pieces in less and less time. Unreal expectations from people at the top who are whacked out of their minds.

3) Smalls: We pretty much get dumped on at the end of the day. Loaders are swooping up multiple smalls at a time and and picking up pieces for the wrong truck in the process. Completely the loaders fault, but I believe this is where most of the misloads come from.
4) Add Cuts: I thought there was supposed to be no more last minute splits at the end of the day with this system?:dissapointed:

5) Other people loading your trucks: This includes drivers. Nothing angers me more than getting crushed all day long and management sending people over to help load out. Always, always write down if someone helped load your trucks.

menotyou

bella amicizia
They tried staggered starts at my building, and we grieved it away.

Other people are the best defense to a misload writeup.

Add/cuts should be banned!!! I hate add/cuts!! But, yet another defense for misloads.