more miss loads now then ever.

Azrjn4864

If you are really asking what an add/cut is, it's when at some point during preload the dispatch decides to pull "X" number amount of stops off one route and and it to another, for whatever reason... Which could be anything from too many stops to make "plan", they've added a whole route or cut a whole route, ect, ect.... It could be anywhere from one stop to a whole load. When the new system came to our hub they swore that add/cuts would happen first thing in the morning, no later than our break (this is at my center,which is extremely small). But that's a joke... I've actually been
standing at the computer clocking out and they have handed me add/cuts for every one of my truck!! Gotta love it! :)

ups1990

With fewer hours and volumes higher than peak, mistakes are inevitable. I'm now loading nearly double the (package car) volume than when I first started and my supervisors act as if I should thank them. When I recently made a comment to my BA about this, he quickly changed the subject and left the area. Man, we are going to get screwed with this next contract.
Can anyone else corroborate "volume higher than peak" statement? Would love to know if this is actually a fact, because we're constantly being told otherwise.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
The missloads definitely have gotten worse since we went on PAS/Edd. The Preloader just reads the PAL Label and doesn't have to know from memorizing or looking on a Load Chart to know what goes on a specific PAckage Car. Before PAS, my Preloader had one missort every six months. Now I have a five year guy who missorts about every day. Throwing an extra package car on a Preloader doesn't make sense when you add in the cost of two Package Drivers wasting time to meet each other or have them waiting for somebody to shuttle a missort out to them.
and you can rest assured the Preload Supervisor in your particular building will only focus on harassing the Preloaders to work quicker and issuing as many Warning Letters as possible to show them 'he means business' . His way is MUCH easier than actually solving the problem

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
Reason being, don't think mgmt isn't throwing a few in your load to discipline you. I have never had more miss loads then i do now. Anyone else feel the same way?
OK this is just dumb,, your a troll, do you really think this happens.... whats going on in this forum lately

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
Lots of reasons why misloads are up. To be sure PAS isn't a terrible idea, but then they shoved more work at us. I used to average 1 misload a week before PAS...and it was usually bulk left out. When PAS started a few years back, I started averaging one a day...mostly because they sent someone to help and they don't pay as much attention as they should...because it's a dumbed down process.