More Pay or more Vacation ?

klein

Für Meno :)
An international report Wednesday found that Canadian workers would rather get an additional week's paid vacation than be paid more to do their jobs. Do you agree with these findings? What would you prefer?
Canadians were the only country in the survey — which included workers from the U.S., Britain, France, China and Brazil — who said they valued time off over more money.
An extra $500 in salary was the second-most requested option, at 18 per cent.

Workers between ages 25 and 44 tended to prefer time off, whereas those earning less than $20,000 a year and those over 45 preferred the financial boost.

Canadians value more vacation over pay hikes - Business - CBC News

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

agreed .45 here 24 years.give me more time off .

I am going to assume that, based on your pension-related posts, that you are in Upstate NY. If this is true I do feel sorry for you as you will have to work 10 more years to receive a Normal Pension as you have to be 55 with at least 30 years of service to qualify.

S

serenity now

if i was 45 i would feel like Superman_shield.png
Superman_shield.png

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Show me the money!!!!!! We all get plenty of time off. Wether it be low man who gets to take off plenty of days cause they don't have a route. Or the older guys who get almost two months off.

Bad Gas!

I see folks cashing several weeks a year so they can make over 100k...38 days off plus 8 holidays plus weekends equaI ls win-win..I do wish our vacations didn't max out at 25 years..We can't have everything but we want it!