More Positive News for Marijuana's Effects on Cancer

wkmac

A pair of scientists at California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco has found that a compound derived from marijuana could stop metastasis in many kinds of aggressive cancer, potentially altering the fatality of the disease forever.
"It took us about 20 years of research to figure this out, but we are very excited," said Pierre Desprez, one of the scientists behind the discovery, to The Huffington Post. "We want to get started with trials as soon as possible."
The Daily Beast first reported on the finding, which has already undergone both laboratory and animal testing, and is awaiting permission for clinical trials in humans.
Desprez, a molecular biologist, spent decades studying ID-1, the gene that causes cancer to spread. Meanwhile, fellow researcher Sean McAllister was studying the effects of Cannabidiol, or CBD, a non-toxic, non-psychoactive chemical compound found in the cannabis plant. Finally, the pair collaborated, combining CBD and cells containing high levels of ID-1 in a petri dish.
"What we found was that his Cannabidiol could essentially 'turn off' the ID-1," Desprez told HuffPost. The cells stopped spreading and returned to normal.
"We likely would not have found this on our own," he added. "That's why collaboration is so essential to scientific discovery."

Marijuana And Cancer: Scientists Find Cannabis Compound Stops Metastasis In Aggressive Cancers

wkmac

Insight into how THC (the main psychoactive component of the cannabis plant) cures Cancer is explained by molecular biologist, Dr. Christina Sanchez, in the video above. A scientist at the Compultense University in Madrid, Spain, she relayed her long-time studies and enlightening findings with Cannabis Planet TV.

Cannabinoids refer to any group of related compounds that include cannabinol and the active constituents of cannabis. The compounds activate cannabinoid receptors in the body, and in effect the body itself produces compounds called endocannabinoids. These play a major role in many processes within the body that help create a healthy environment.

But one does not have to go out of their comfort zone to experience the effects – as cannabis has been shown to treat cancer without any psychoactive effects.

Read more: http://www.trueactivist.com/molecular-biologist-explains-how-thc-kills-cancer-cells/

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
http://antiquecannabisbook.com/chap15/QPiso.htm.
I was reading your article and remembering an article I read about a boy with brain cancer being healed from the oil. Whether it was a combo of the oil keeping him from being sick, so he could withstand the treatment, or a combo, No one can provide any negativity to its use.
I hope it soon becomes legal, but that would put many in the medical community out of business. Since anyone could make it, theres not much money to be made in bringing it to the market.

wkmac

Toon, When you get the chance, watch at least the first 30 to 40 minutes of the video montage I posted. It gives an overview of cannabinoids and the Endocannabinoid system within our own bodies. It may explain why and how some of these approaches are having an effect.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have watched the first hour. Cannot wait to watch the rest. I can think of people( and animals) that may have benefited. My father had parkinsons. Everyone knows someone with cancer, and MS. Very eye opening. Not crazy whacko people, real scientists, and professors : some from the states, some abroad. For all the crazy things we spend time on, this is worth a listen. Well worth it.

SortAisleSucks

Yes it is quite amazing, THC is a true medecine. That is why it was made illegal in the early 1900's, those pharmecutical companies will do ANYTHING to protect their PROFITS...

wkmac

I have watched the first hour. Cannot wait to watch the rest. I can think of people( and animals) that may have benefited. My father had parkinsons. Everyone knows someone with cancer, and MS. Very eye opening. Not crazy whacko people, real scientists, and professors : some from the states, some abroad. For all the crazy things we spend time on, this is worth a listen. Well worth it.

Yeah that first hour goes a long way IMO to explain a lot. When you begin to understand something about our own biological system and cannabinoids, it begins to make more sense how it all works. I think the more that can be researched, the more information, both positive and negative, can be learned and thus more people would/could benefit where possible.

Yes it is quite amazing, THC is a true medecine. That is why it was made illegal in the early 1900's, those pharmecutical companies will do ANYTHING to protect their PROFITS...

It's true that THC in itself has medicinal properties but in the case of cannabis, there are cannabinoids that have no psychoactive properties while in themselves also have medicinal properties too. Some appear even more impressive than THC itself. The higher the THC content in cannabis, the less cannabinoids and their cancer fighting properties are present. Seems from the video not all cannabis is equal when it comes to certain aliments.

Not sure if you've seen any of the video posted but in the first hour they discuss some of this and more.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Wkmac
Toon, When you get the chance, watch at least the first 30 to 40 minutes of the video montage I posted. It gives an overview of cannabinoids and the Endocannabinoid system within our own bodies. It may explain why and how some of these approaches are having an effect.

I still have not got to watch the last half hour, BUT, this documentary does so much for the education, even with a person with no medical background, like me, to make it understandable. Jaw dropping.

I have shared it with several people who have MS, and cancer. Maybe that was a bad thing to do to give them hope, BUT if you are dying, and weed is available and the oil can be made, who would not try it? At that point what do you have to lose?
To condemn it is to say Grammas mustard plasters should have been outlawed. Because my gramma treated us with lots of weedy things. Onions, garlic, etc.

Its easy to laugh at it, and those who have, havent looked at it. It is a cheech and chong moment whenever it is brought up.

But it is so much more than that, and I believe a serious medicine. I have seen how the smoking of it helps ms patients, and the oil could only do better. I know a woman who hires a thug to go into the hood to get it for her brother, it gives him relief. The oil has been shown to stop its progression. The cbd type with no euphoria.

I guess some concoction with years of medical research which costs somebody thousands a month, and also if you survive the disease, are seriously weakend in your immune system, and failure of kidneys and livers being rampant because of it, is much better than a weed, you could grow in your window box.
I think sometimes the more we learn of, and depend on "modern Medicine" the more naive we become.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
The final 55 minutes is mostly about Nova Scotia Canada, but it is about people who lived to tell a story.

I hear the same crap when I talk about Oil of oregano, which I have used for years. If its not prescribed, it aint no good.
Well my husband got rid of a plantars wart he had for 20+ yrs with oil of oregano, after having it cut, froze, and burnt out, it is gone, fell out in his fingers, after using it for a short time.
My son had the same thing happen with using vitamin e before we heard about oil of oregano.
So I guess its a progression. I will go for natural every time.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I spotted this while wandering around the Little Five Points area in Atlanta.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1439235165.824541.jpg

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
You remember which store? Junkman's Daughter, Sevananda? Vortex new cannabis burger? LOL!

I figured you would know your way around Little Five Points! I took that pic in Sevananda, the local organic Co-op. I took my family to eat at Folk Art, good eating. I love Criminal Records.....I swear I didn't go in here!
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1439433729.893895.jpg