more questions for the apwa

J

JonFrum

Red705,Local776,fredless,
You're grown and understand math and the written word. Just solve the riddle as to WHY does the Machinist Union members within the UPS shops get $7000 plus a month in retirement and Teamster members ( Both parties rec'ving the same weekly contributions to the respective funds) will get the amount equal to a third of or upto 50 percent of Machinist Union member's pension?
It's right in front of your faces and you refuse to see the problem...The Machinist Union has done it's membership right....

Ironshot,
You should visit the website of the IAM National Pension Plan to get the *whole* story.

This document will explain that all employer groups that join the fund on or after April 1,2003, will only acrue benefits at a 60% rate. That's a 40% cut!!! And they are not eligible for "past service credit" either.

https://web.archive.org/web/20050316111645/http://www.iamnpf.org/npf/forms/smm_2003.pdf

Ironshot

JonFrum, Red705,

First JonFrum, Thanks for the link. I skimmed over it and it seems the reduced payouts would be for new companies participating after Apr. 2003. But, Ups is already grandfathered in right. In my post I wasn't cheering for them as a alternitive to the IBT. My position is these Old Union operations aren't in touch with the members, perhaps the members are to blame for their lack of participation in the unions governing process. I just was pointing out the fact that Machinist within UPS get a much better pension check
from the same dollars. While the Teamsters get way less.
Last time I checked the Machinist fund was in the 124% funded area. Is there some fact I'm missing here?
Red705, you say Machinist that you know of don't like their Union. Might be the Local? Individuals complaining doesn't
change the effect of higher or lower Pension checks. Somewhere, The Machinist handled the cash with more responsibility and the Teamster blew it all the way around.
Perhaps this is why the IBT is approving the plan for UPS to remove its self from the CS. Ten years ago this was very very bad for members. Today it is a serious idea and Great for the members? According to hall. The idea here is we aren't in control. The people in charge of these big business unions don't see what's good for "us" but, what is good for the Int'l first and for most. As history is showing us now, Ten years ago the Transfer from CS to UPS would have been great for UPSers. Same now goes for the APWA, A union for UPSers only. We can have much greater control over things affecting us here and now. We UPSers not stuffed shirts in D.C. . We UPSers have the keys to start and stop the Brown Machine and only us. We don't have to worry about the Cop Teamsters, Flight Attendant teamsters, Lawn cutting Teamsters and all the other misc. workers covered by the IBT.
Why is this escaping some people?

Ironshot

You are very thick skulled. GET THIS INTO YOUR BRAIN - We don't want to HEAR propoganda that you spew, that is OBVIOUS by the numbers the IBT shows us about the pension...what we DO WANT TO HEAR IS YOUR ANSWERS FOR IT!

ALL YOU KEEP DOING IS TELLING US HOW BAD THE IBT SUCKS!

Answer the mans questions and maybe we'll take you more seriously!

fredless,
Telling you how bad the IBT sucks? Pointing it out yes, pointing out the corruption that can be tracked from now back past the day of your birth. The numbers don't lie. The offer for some free lurication still is on the table fredless. Why do we point it out? Some of us don't like getting "it" without dinner and a movie first. Every question has been answered on this site. Just invest a little of your time and review the facts. It's just stirred every so often by a different set of IBT operatives. Perhap BA's that aren't in the shops doing their JOB!

twnjrspc

fredless,
Telling you how bad the IBT sucks? Pointing it out yes, pointing out the corruption that can be tracked from now back past the day of your birth. The numbers don't lie. The offer for some free lurication still is on the table fredless. Why do we point it out? Some of us don't like getting "it" without dinner and a movie first. Every question has been answered on this site. Just invest a little of your time and review the facts. It's just stirred every so often by a different set of IBT operatives. Perhap BA's that aren't in the shops doing their JOB!

This one vs. the other debate continues. Bottom line is this, there are thousands of reform minded teamsters out there, that on a daily basis are tryiing to educate our fellow UPS'ers as to the numerous issues regarding the corrupt leadership within the Teamsters. Unifying them all,to bring about reform, has been an uphill battle, just as your organizing effort to decertify these same unionized workers will be. In fact, your job will be much harder. The mere fact that the APWA can only present a case of writing on paper, postings on a website, or an answered phone call, will be a hard sell. We have a contract that pays well, holidays, vacations, personals, sick days, overtime rates, seniority rights, etc. etc. But like you said, some people will suck anything up, and just want to be used. So you'll manage to get some to feed from your troft of "Paper Tiger" promises. So BRAVO to you! Just remember this, for those that you don't manage to decertify, will remain Teamsters, and while you'd have everyone believe that the UPS will willingly negotiate this perfect contract, with the APWA's perfect representatives, it's highly unlikely. In fact, it may even come down to the APWA having to strike for all these demands. Now tell me my friend, will you expect those same Teamsters that you have nothing good to say, to honor your picket lines? There is much, much more to all of this than you, or your representaives care to discuss. So, if you were all truly of a unoinized mind, you would realize the importance of having the support of other unions and their members, including us Teamsters.:ohmy:

It has been over one year since OVNT became UPS Freight. Has one single terminal signed up with the apwa? Though I have heard that many terminals are going to join the Teamsters right after the contract is done in Indy. The IBT is holding off the organizing per an agreement with UPS until the contract is signed.

I was wanting to know what area your speaking of,because anyone with more than a couple of years invested in UPS Freight, has repeated ,in a state thats the ,right to work state,there not giving up there money,where as the New hires that were not around when we were Shot at,Threaten, Having rocks thrown thru our windows, ETC,ETC,ETC, We will never forget. All I can share is its the Unknown that will get you in the end, But what you do know ,or have seen, that will save your But ,when the dust clears