More *^%$ snow

moreluck

golden ticket member
Hubby came back from his walk and said some car windshields had ice on them. The grass still had non-frozen droplets, but the cars had the ice. That's unusual for us.

Today is predicted abundant sunshine and a high of 55. Still good golf weather, just a real cold start for us. (I know, it's all relative)

menotyou

bella amicizia
Just a question capt does about everybody in the NE use heating oil do they have natural gas lines or is there no choice ?
Mot trying to butt in, but, I live in NE and we don't have natural gas lines on my road.(No cable, either) State Route 3, the Scenic Highway.
We use wood, with propane back-up. Only need back-up below -10. I live near one of the largest freshwater aquifers in the NE. Please do NOT bring hydro fracking here.

over9five

Staff member
OMG, 2 hours and 20 minutes to get to Worma today. Usually maybe 40 minutes....
495 turned to wet ice, cars off the highway everywhere. It was ugly.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
OMG, 2 hours and 20 minutes to get to Worma today. Usually maybe 40 minutes....
495 turned to wet ice, cars off the highway everywhere. It was ugly.

I checked Weatherunderground this morning, and saw MA was getting hammered again. Rain and high 40's here today. Most of the snow is gone, but still ice.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It was almost 60 here yesterday. I've seen robins and bluebirds on my route. I even saw/smelled a dead skunk on the road. Now I have six inches of fresh snow in my yard.

Will the insanity never end?!!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Woke up this morning to 18" of fresh powder with a few more inches on the way. The wind is blowing the snow all over the place. Hoping for a phone call telling me to stay home.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Holy crap, that was all rain here!

Ended up with 22" and, no, the phone call telling me to stay home never came. Part of our delivery area was under a State of Emergency so those drivers got the day off (unpaid). Those of us who did work were Code 5. We had one driver get to his first stop, got stuck, called the center and was told to bring it in. Most of the others gave up before noon. I ended up with 120 stops, with 10 of them EC'd, and punched out at 1645. I wanted to get as much as I could delivered today as it would still be there tomorrow on top of what will be coming in tonight/tomorrow morning.

Ended up with 22" and, no, the phone call telling me to stay home never came. Part of our delivery area was under a State of Emergency so those drivers got the day off (unpaid). Those of us who did work were Code 5. We had one driver get to his first stop, got stuck, called the center and was told to bring it in. Most of the others gave up before noon. I ended up with 120 stops, with 10 of them EC'd, and punched out at 1645. I wanted to get as much as I could delivered today as it would still be there tomorrow on top of what will be coming in tonight/tomorrow morning.
Better you than me!

UnconTROLLed

perfection
6-12 inches expected!

Are you serious? I'm sick of snow!!!

post-1304-0-80844000-1301584702.png

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I saw pictures on the news of snow in Summit County OH......that's Akron area......Just had a friend fly back to OH. from Toluca Lake.....from 80 degrees to snow....she won't be happy. Receiving the Mahar Award at Tangier's tonight should cheer her up a bit !!

http://www.stvm.com/alumni/awards_and_scholarships.php

Guess where I was, yesterday, YUP,,went right by the Tangiers in 4 wheel drive. Was suppose to get a slight dusting. Weather man sucks.