More stupid things customers say

UPSGUY72

This also happened to me but in reverse. Lady orders supplies for her business and asks me if I can deliver them to her house, which was about 5 miles away and not on my delivery route. I politely told her I could not and she then offers me $40. I completed the delivery as they were addressed and went on my way. Now, if I would have had more time...

should have said sure then address corrected each package and collected the $40. She would have been pissed off after she got another bill for shipping.

Failure Boy

A while ago, picking up a defect Sony X-Box in Paris suburbs to the european repair warehouse somewhere in Germany.

The lady goes : "Any idea what time you'll be there ?"

Like I was having a nine-hour drive to Germany for THAT ONE parcel...

What can you answer to that ?

DS

Fenderbender
ce que vous etes stupide?

bienvenue sur le cafe' marron Failure Boy ,do you really live in France?
Like Steve Martin said,its like those French have a different word for everything:)

Failure Boy

ce que vous etes stupide?

bienvenue sur le cafe' marron Failure Boy ,do you really live in France?
Like Steve Martin said,its like those French have a different word for everything:)

Merci, le site "Café Marron" est très sympa !
Been looking around this nice forum from time to time...
Pretty much interesting to see how we're all doing the EXACTLY SAME job on a daily basis, but on different parts of the world...

As a UPS driver in Paris, I pretty much HAVE to live in France...
Much more convenient. :wink2:

wildpony

When a customer see's THE UPS logo on MY socks and then ask's, "do you have UPS underwear also?" HA HA HA HA HA STOP IT YOUR KILLING ME! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA REALLY STOP IT HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

I had a female store owner ask me just once if I had brown underwear to go with my brown socks. I told her "yea, brown in back and yellow in front:sick:."
She turned red and never commented on my brown socks ever again.

ups1990

I had a female store owner ask me just once if I had brown underwear to go with my brown socks. I told her "yea, brown in back and yellow in front:sick:."
She turned red and never commented on my brown socks ever again.
I can't stop laughing. Great answer.:funny:

Megansman

What is it? A Box. Who's it from? Me. Didn't you see me carrying it up here? No, really, who's it from? I don't care where they're from, just where they're going.

daddystacks

the customer asks me whats in the box. i always reply with: i'll tell you whats in the box when the mail man starts telling you how much your electric bill is.

bluehdmc

Feeder Driver here, don't really have stupid customer comments. I do get some from dispatchers though. Me, "going out", them, "whatcha got", me, "big grey box with numbers, full of smaller cardboard boxes."
Then when you give them the trailer number it comes up on their computer as to what the load is and where it's going. Some dispatchers will say, "meadowlands nite to parsippany preload" and leave it at that. Some ask, "Where are you going?", I usually reply, "Crazy."
Usually silence after that.

M

Mike23

I was approached by a customer while delivering in the SW (city is made up of NW, NE, SE, SW). The guy asked if I had his package so I asked where he lived. He gave me some address waaaaaay up in the northeast. I told him I wouldn't have it but another would and it would be delivered today if he had it.

He then looked at my diad and asked, 'well, can't you track my package from that?'

I felt like saying, 'Yes, we're that good we store a billion packages on one diad for the day just for this type of situation.' I bit my tongue instead and told him no.

M

Mike23

My reply to the "Whats in it ?" is always "I didn't get around to opening it yet"
and when they write on the del notice I will be home after 6. I put "so will I"

My favorite is when they ask jokingly, 'is it a million dollars?' I always say, 'If it were a million dollars you wouldn't be getting the package and I'd be in Cuba.'

M

Mike23

When a customer see's THE UPS logo on MY socks and then ask's, "do you have UPS underwear also?" HA HA HA HA HA STOP IT YOUR KILLING ME! HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA REALLY STOP IT HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.

I always tell'em it's white but with brown stripes...It usually takes a minute to sink in for them :D