More stupid things customers say

Tiny Panda

I had somoene ask me today is we did collections as well, i stood there dumbfounded wondering how the pkg i had for her got into my hand.

filthpig

My favorite is when they ask me if I work for UPS. I actually told one lady (who looked at me for a bit before asking) no, that it was my own personal Halloween.

bigtoe1111

back when we were still on paper, was del a COD to an elderly woman. knocked on door and squatted down to sheet pkg. she opens door and all i see is her t-shirt with a big mustache across the front and "mustache rides $5" printed beneath. i lose it. totally. it takes about 20 seconds before i can choke out "i've got a COD for X amount to so and so. i can take a check. i'll wait." i really needed her to just go back inside. well she just stands there obviously wondering what is wrong with me. you could tell by the way she looked at me at that point that she had no idea. i had to say "ma'am, i hate to be pushy, but could you get that check please?" tears on my face and all. she said well ok, i'll be right back. looking at me like i was nuts. when she came back i had regained a little bit of composure but still had to bite my lip while saying thanks.

M

Mike23

Oh, although this isn't something a customer said but what they DID. I got an oncall for a PU for 2000. At around 1930 I got there and the husband of the person who called it in answered the door. He looked at me kind of weird and I said, 'I'm here for the pickup?' He then rolled his eyes and I saw the box with the label on it in his hand. It was for Purilator. Apparently his wife called it in to just any company because we're all the same to her.

pudg00

pudg00
This just proves you don't have to be smart to be rich. OCA to a upscale neighborhood ($3million + houses) " I am here for you pick up" Guy looks at me and says " Do you know what the boxes look like"

Eclipz

I'm really tempted sometimes to give a sarcastic comment when I come in for a package and THEY ASK YOU where THEY ARE SENDING it to. But I guess I'm not the only one who have these silly customers.

You know that little speaker in the upper right corner of the DIAD? Well, one driver was fooling a customer for a while by telling him it was a microphone and he must say his name twice loud and clear into it to complete the delivery.

Well, the original driver was not welcome in the business any more after a cover driver went for a delivery and got a good laugh after he saw the customer's efforts. :happy-very:

Winger

Dell 3rd attempt--- oms message--you must reattempt delivery today. Customer states that they took the day off work and was home all day. They got the notice and don't know why you didn't ring or knock--very upset. You are right, I parked my diesel truck at the end of the cul de sac so you wouldn't hear it, snuck up to the door, left notice amd ran away. The customers responses "ok I did take a shower and you must have come during that time" " I only left for an hour at lunch" " I just went to drop the kids at school and pick them up" "it was the 3rd attempt and I didn't want it sent back"....can you call the 800# and tell them the truth!

Was wondering how long I'd have to read before I spotted this one. It's the most common complaint I hear: "I was here all day and the driver just snuck up and put the notice on the door." That's right ma'm. Our drivers just love to have to come back a 2nd day!. (Well, maybe, if you're really, really hot!)