More stupid things HELPERS say.

FilingBluesFL

"I've made beats for Dr. Dre, Puff Daddy, Lil' Wayne, Biggie, I got like $30k saved up in a shoebox at home, I'm just using this to get money to go up to Atlanta!

Oh, and uh, I ain't got money fo' Lunch..."

Overpaid Union Thug

I wouldn't want to be permanent. It's an easy enough job, but I do it because it's temp and works with my schedule.
I was asked yesterday if I'd be willing to extend through January 17th. I go back to my regular job on the 2nd though, so thanked for the offer and am finishing up at the end of the year.
Yesterday was the first day my driver found cause to complain about me as well. 10:00 at night, well below freezing and we delivered 5 80# boxes to a 70 year old disabled woman. I brought them into her house, despite my drivers insistence that we are not allowed to set foot into a residence. I know it's the rules, but I'd rather have compassion than a temp job.

Through January 17th? I hope someone in that center has the guts to file on each and every hour a seasonal works after December 31. I know I will be.

S

selfcancelsignal

Too many helpers can't even like follow simple instructions. Like, hand him a package and tell him to leave it on back porch. Then you get to watch him go to front door, knock, and stand around waiting for the people who aren't home to come to the door. Then repeat over 100 times per day.

UPSGUY72

My current helper is dumber than a box of rocks the only thing he has going for him is that he hasn't quit and doesn't complain. He probably would have quit all ready but he really needs the money to pay child support and he's doesn't complain because he knows I wouldn't put up with his crap and. I have to repeat myself all day at every stop. I could do the route faster with out him but I be exhausted at the end of the day so I just keep grinding on each day with him.

I don't get out of the car unless I need a sig even when there are two house across the street from each other or not he's doing both. If he had a better work ethic and could stay off his cell phone things would be different. It's been 2 weeks and he hasn't caught on yet.

He still doesn't know the difference from front, side and back door. Has figured out that it doesn't matter if someone is there or not just leave the package. Can't figure out that on most streets the odd and even numbers are on two different sides of the street. But he wants to become a COP.

Marne Vet

Helper: "I can't lift that"
Me: "It's 40 lbs (Dell monitor back in the day), what do you mean you can't lift it? You were told you'd have to be able to lift up to but not exceeding 70 lbs when they hired you"
Helper: "Well I can't lift it"
Me: "Lift your ass out of this truck and walk home. You're done"

Helper: "Do I get paid every week?"
Me: "No. They took away pay for helpers in our last contract. Sorry kid" ugh

over9five

Staff member
Valley girl Joy as we pull up to a driveway: "Oh. My. God. They knew I was coming!!!!"

Look up to the house and see a big banner which said "Joy".
There were also banners saying "Peace" and "Merry Christmas".....

Overpaid Union Thug

Helper: "I can't lift that"
Me: "It's 40 lbs (Dell monitor back in the day), what do you mean you can't lift it? You were told you'd have to be able to lift up to but not exceeding 70 lbs when they hired you"
Helper: "Well I can't lift it"
Me: "Lift your ass out of this truck and walk home. You're done"

Helper: "Do I get paid every week?"
Me: "No. They took away pay for helpers in our last contract. Sorry kid" ugh

Helper: "There is a dog in front of that house so you better take this one."
Me: "It's alright. That dog has never come near any drivers except to lick our hands."
Helper: "I'm scared of dogs. I was attacked by dogs when I was little."
Me: "And you didn't consider that when you applied?"
Helper: …………….no response
Me: "Just take this old DIAD with you and rare back like you are going to swing it at him if he starts to act mean."
Helper: ……….no response and just stands there in a coma of fear as he stares at the dog
Me: "Man, that is a freakin Yorkie!!!! Are you seriously scared of it?"
Helper: …………snaps out of coma………."Uh…..Ok……" takes package and when he get's about 30 yards from the front porch the yorkie raises it's head to watch and the helper suddenly drops the package and runs back to the truck.
Me: "Man, I sure can't wait till peak is over with."

ups1990

Met up with a driver to exchange missloads. We meet behind our trucks , he's got his helper with him. Helper opens his pie hole, out of his mouth comes the most annoying voice ever!
I said, oh hell no! There's no way I would have Jerry Lewis with me all day screaming " hey ladies". I know, I know that was messed up but it was true.

FilingBluesFL

Met up with a driver to exchange missloads. We meet behind our trucks , he's got his helper with him. Helper opens his pie hole, out of his mouth comes the most annoying voice ever!
I said, oh hell no! There's no way I would have Jerry Lewis with me all day screaming " hey ladies". I know, I know that was messed up but it was true.

We've got this black Islander dude that sounds like Chris Tucker from 5Th Element...

Ugh lol

BeachBoy

Are helpers got a letter Friday telling them there last day would be the 24th.

No letters here, but it was announced during orientation that our last day would be the 24th.
In my center, they were looking for 3 to work past that day, from what I was told.

alwaysoverallowed

Helper: "we were at this house yesterday."
Me:"yes we were and we'll probably be here tomorrow too."
Helper: "how come we didn't deliver this box yesterday? Why can't we deliver tomorrow's box today? Why don't we deliver all these stops all at once?"
Me:"really?"
Helper: "yeah. Oh I see we get different boxes everyday I guess."
Me: "I guess."

Later on when I dropped him off for his ride I said, "I don't see your ride." He had no response just jumped out of the package car and ran clear across the parking lot in front of and in between cars out into an open field and I never saw him again. True story and every time is think of that day I laugh and think he got beamed back up to the mothership.

ManInBrown

Bought my helper lunch every day this week. No thank you. No nothing. Also got one $20.00 tip and gave it to said helper. He needs it more then me for sure. Again no thank you. Trying anything to get the walk pace from the car to house and back to car to be a little speedier. Only $8.50hr. Guess what can I expect.

UPSGUY72

Bought my helper lunch every day this week. No thank you. No nothing. Also got one $20.00 tip and gave it to said helper. He needs it more then me for sure. Again no thank you. Trying anything to get the walk pace from the car to house and back to car to be a little speedier. Only $8.50hr. Guess what can I expect.

As I said before your helper either has work ethics or not. There is a reason why MOST helpers are helper instead of having a FT job some where else.

didyousheetit

I wouldn't want to be permanent. It's an easy enough job, but I do it because it's temp and works with my schedule.
I was asked yesterday if I'd be willing to extend through January 17th. I go back to my regular job on the 2nd though, so thanked for the offer and am finishing up at the end of the year.
Yesterday was the first day my driver found cause to complain about me as well. 10:00 at night, well below freezing and we delivered 5 80# boxes to a 70 year old disabled woman. I brought them into her house, despite my drivers insistence that we are not allowed to set foot into a residence. I know it's the rules, but I'd rather have compassion than a temp job.
Well, if it's any consolation to you if I had known the consignee was a disabled woman I would have helped you put them in the house

Sent using BrownCafe App