More transformation??

DS

Fenderbender
40 years, couldn't imagine that myself. Gotta ask, how was it deliving packages by horse and buggy before we got trucks :funny:

Pre trip took awhile:)
I'm 23 years in as a driver.
Good thread! My mind is all over the place with some great comments.
Where I am,production of course has always been the major objective,
but back then,my center manager (Mr.Flowers) treated us with respect.
We were recognized for going above and beyond when customers wrote letters
about how much of an asset we were to them and the company.
Sales leads were plentiful and actually followed up and acted upon.
Fortunately,all my ups turkeys were dead and frozen.

beentheredonethat

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you. I do not support or intend to foster internal Us vs Them, was simply a playful jab at the typical relationship. But it still doesn't change the fact that you would imagine that it would best benefit the company to hire people FROM the ops, if their job will be affecting the ops. In your case, I have no problem.

I think TxRoadDawg hit it on the head...basically what I'm saying.

i agree with both of you guys (where we can hire from the ops). In my opinion one of the biggest problems we have is there are many mgrs (and above) that don't let their better folks leave the operations, for fear of either not beign able to replace them, or to replace them with someone most likely not as good. So in short, a good operator gets hurt by not having the opportunity to try other staff type jobs at UPS. To me, that is poor mgmt.

That being said, just because someone is working at UPS and is a good operator, does not mean they will do a good job in staff jobs.

TxRoadDawg

Would be nice if the lords of planning understood what sounds great in a 70 degree office doesn't always translate the same when its 17 and blowing snow or 98 in the shade and 100% humidity.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
Those ARE the districts that will be absorbed. The regions will be left alone. I'm not aware of the 'official' announcement....regardless, I have this info upon good authority.