More white vans and UPS scams

Not IN Trace

Ok, first we were told UPS Mail Inovations was designed to save business we would be losing to the USPS for parcels 1lb and under....ok so I"m doing a delivery to a stop when I see a white box car pull up, a mexican guy gets out with a UPS DIAD, package and yells UPS to walking into a business......I asked this guy who he was and where he got that DIAD, the guy just takes off like a bat....
I now have lost 3 pickups due to "mail Inovations".....
today I go by one of them to deliver a misload and hey what a shock..a mexican in a white box car is loading 10 60lb boxes with ups labels..and to take the cake he takes the ARS packages to.
I think we all know what is going on.

cosmictrucker

counting the months
I guess you're the only person here who can get to the bottom of this. Ask your Sup, shop steward or call the Union Hall today. Just don't let this go one day longer without getting all the facts.

I saw him to his van was white also. I told him I was the 407 steward and asked for his I'd. He did and then I asked to see inside the van. He opened the door and to my suprise it was full of Fedex ground a raft and 12 illegals. WTF

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
sometimes mail innovation is a better fit, and we can make slightly more profit on it. that being said, what does mail innovation have to do with the white van guys?

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
I think he was stealing UPS Packages and you let him get away!! Should have called the center, right after calling 911!!

sometimes mail innovation is a better fit, and we can make slightly more profit on it. that being said, what does mail innovation have to do with the white van guys?
I think he may be saying these guys in the white vans are delivering mail innovation packages and the UPS regular volume is being diverted to mail innovation. Are you sure you are a sales rep?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Where are these white vans? I have time on my hands. I can play manager and follow them in an unmarked, non-rented car.

I have always wondered what it felt like to be morally and ethically challenged.

bbsam

Staff member
Where are these white vans? I have time on my hands. I can play manager and follow them in an unmarked, non-rented car.

I have always wondered what it felt like to be morally and ethically challenged.
Oh, it's not bad. After a while the rationalizing smooths it over to a point where one says, "Ethics? What the hell does YOUR ethical code have to do with it? Rather a subjective stance YOU are taking, wouldn't you say?"

tieguy

Banned
Ok, first we were told UPS Mail Inovations was designed to save business we would be losing to the USPS for parcels 1lb and under....ok so I"m doing a delivery to a stop when I see a white box car pull up, a mexican guy gets out with a UPS DIAD, package and yells UPS to walking into a business......I asked this guy who he was and where he got that DIAD, the guy just takes off like a bat....
I now have lost 3 pickups due to "mail Inovations".....
today I go by one of them to deliver a misload and hey what a shock..a mexican in a white box car is loading 10 60lb boxes with ups labels..and to take the cake he takes the ARS packages to.
I think we all know what is going on.

how did you know the guy was mexican?

have you always been a bigot?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Oh, it's not bad. After a while the rationalizing smooths it over to a point where one says, "Ethics? What the hell does YOUR ethical code have to do with it? Rather a subjective stance YOU are taking, wouldn't you say?"
My ethical code says don't sign a contract and turn around and scam the people the contract was designed to cover.

oakland

I have the same thing going on in my area. I deliver and pick up at an Ann Taylor Store in San Leandro, Ca. I bring mostly supplies like bags and boxes for the store that come from a supplier called DDS. Another truck delivers the store merchandise, and guess what? It's a white piece of crap with a Latin American driver and all of the freight has UPS Ground 1Z barcodes. The company is called Integrity Retail Distribution from Union City Ca. This is UPS Logistics operation and remember we love logistics, but I hate seeing my Teamster brothers on the layoff list. We are going back 5 years on the layoff list this week. Funny thing is I mention the goings on to management and then boom, I have 65 packages in my car and it's the same kind of packages that IRD has been delivering every Monday and Friday. The store employees were concerned about mixing up the boxes with the ones already there. What a Cluster friend%@#. Maybe we could hand over the Wells Fargo account and see how the bank would respond to plain clothes employees wanting access behind the bulletproof glass. Jim Casey is probably rolling over in his grave. Anyways we have a grievance coming out of Local 70 on this and will keep the board posted.