Morningstar Managed

upschuck

Has anyone tried using the Morningstar managed option in the 401(k)? Just wondering what they offer. .2% is not that much of a fee, and if they give you a couple extra % points then it would be well worth it.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Has anyone tried using the Morningstar managed option in the 401(k)? Just wondering what they offer. .2% is not that much of a fee, and if they give you a couple extra % points then it would be well worth it.
I'm considering using the free option first. The funds I'm in now are the top performing we have available. Being 54 I might use their suggestions to get more balanced and conservative.

upschuck

I'm considering using the free option first. The funds I'm in now are the top performing we have available. Being 54 I might use their suggestions to get more balanced and conservative.
I might do that just to see if what they say is much different than what I am doing know.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Keep in mind that when you and your wife start to have grandchildren that you may want to start 529's for them. I started one for my granddaughter----it's not much, just $50/month----but it will be well over $10K by the time she is ready to go to college. Of course, by that time (2033) textbooks will probably be $1K each.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Keep in mind that when you and your wife start to have grandchildren that you may want to start 529's for them. I started one for my granddaughter----it's not much, just $50/month----but it will be well over $10K by the time she is ready to go to college. Of course, by that time (2033) textbooks will probably be $1K each.
If textbooks even exist by then.