Most expensive shipment you have seen.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Not the most expensive, but I dr'd (mcm) a box of gemstones to a goldsmith on my route. The guy was semi-retired and worked out of his house.

Next morning, my on-car pulled me aside and asked me about the delivery. Turns out, it was about 15-16k worth of diamonds and emeralds. The barcode was an 03, no signature required. Somebody in LP wanted my head on a platter for dr'ing it. He said it came through as a high-value, but the 22.3 that handled high-values in our building double checked his records and said it didn't.

I went back, got a signature (I knew the guy for over 30 years and had bought a lot of jewelry from him over the years) and all was good.

The next morning, the high-value guy pulled me aside, and told me that somehow magically that package had been back-dated as a high value.

Go figure.

Rainman

Its all good.
About 25 years ago I picked up a package from a jewelry store with a declared value of $265,000. We delivered it , but the dum bass on the other end screwed it up somehow so that we couldn't prove delivery. We were probably still on paper then. No claim, so all was good.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Acc0rd

When I was the High Value clerk in my center, we had a custom jewelry store in town. One day at Christmas time we had like 6 or 7 boxes come in from the store, all going to the same company somewhere in Georgia. Each box was the full 50k we could insure it for! I had to put each box in its own red striped bag because the rules tell you no more than 50k in packages per smalls bag. If we're talking Internationals, I remember a giant YODA From Star wars come through going Next day air to Japan. It was in the thousands to be air shipped there. The box was over 5ft tall and huge.

Acc0rd

Thank you, I was waiting for someone to say this.
yup, I had it in my quote too. Each one has to be in its own bag when going hub to hub because if they misplaced the one bag, how much money would they have to cover. The jewelry shipper I had to deal with that shipped so many 50k boxes had them things taped up like fort knox. They did it right!