most memorable moment ever at UPS

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by MaDBaLL, Jul 3, 2015.

1. MaDBaLL

MaDBaLL New Member

Good or bad, what event sticks out in your mind the most while working at UPS?

2. werenotthepostoffice

werenotthepostoffice deep down inside I really do not care

How much management lies to us.But 84K last year made it tolerable.

3. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

The stretch of time that I decided not to stress this place anymore, life got 100% better and I actually started to enjoy my job.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. werenotthepostoffice

It really does make everything better when you look at your Sups and say.'Oh OK",go to PCM and go out and enjoy the day. I like most of my customers so my day is pretty nice,till my diad blows up with messages.

5. newfups

newfups Member

My two most memorable moments at UPS: the first day I showed up for work, and the last time I exited the building 30 years later . . .

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  6. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Blizzard of 96. Three days off. The next two we were doing almost nothing.

7. realbrown1

realbrown1 Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.

It will be the day I retire.

Nothing else comes close.

• Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  8. werenotthepostoffice

A regular stop got a new receptionist and I pull up by the front door,like always.I was taking a bite of a blueberry muffin I got(for free) a few stops back.She asked me what I was eating? To wit,"A blueberry muffin the girls gave me".Her reply made my knees weak," I bet girls give you lots of things for free"..............Guys,you know it's true,when we break out the shorts the flirts go up by about 1000%

9. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Ha!

The day I walked out the door two years ago for the last time.

Priceless!

• Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  10. Orion inc.

Orion inc. I like turtles

And without any injuries too would be the icing on the cake.

11. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

The smell of preload.

12. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

The day one of our veteran drivers got walked out in handcuffs during the PCM for willful tax evasion.

13. Packmule

Packmule Well-Known Member

Toss up. The day I changed from part time to full time. The day I heard MY preloader had been arrested that morning for stealing merchandise out of boxes. ( he was cutting them open in the back of the truck, and retapeing afterwards. They used a dye bomb to catch him.) and the day I heard one of our top senior drivers got killed in a car accident. (Off the job, personal car) Looking forward to walking out that door for the last time in 18 months.

14. MaceFremonti

MaceFremonti Active Member

The day a young, beautiful intern bent over in front of me to tape a label on a package and split her skirt wide open....

...and yes, she was going commando...

...and yes, I saw it all!

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  15. MaDBaLL

MaDBaLL New Member

Wow!

16. UpstateNYUPSer

Yup. We all knew that it would just be a matter of time before it happened. Surprisingly he was allowed to come back (after having spent the summer in "jail") and retire with a full pension.

17. MaDBaLL

MaDBaLL New Member

This was going back 15 years ago or so. Anyone remember those Junker 500s we used to drive, the small ones? I finally made my way to driving after a five year wait. Very nervous. I was doing a Saturday shuttle to the airport and I was in the left lane of 95, a major highway. Suddenly my mirrors flopped to the side due to the wind--- on both sides! So now I'm driving in the left lane BLIND. (Keep in mind, this was before the backup cameras.). So I had no idea who was in back of me and there was no left shoulder, it's a passing lane, and I was too afraid to stop on a 55mph stretch. I basically had to chance it, hold my breath, and get over to the right lane as slow as I could and hope nobody was coming!

What a way for a rookie to start!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  18. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Just another day in the BOG.
    I wonder if they would do that for an hourly union member?

19. UpstateNYUPSer

He was an hourly union member.

TTKU

20. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes i dont.

Another term stretching the truth to meet their needs at the time of the incident