most memorable moment ever at UPS

brown67

The night I was driving back to Denver with a set of double 45's and saw car wrecked in a field about 30' to 40' off the highway. Pulled over to see if everything was ok and found a guy in the car all bloody, and about 2/3 off his body under the front dash. Thought he was dead, but started moving his head when I shined my flashlight at his face. Called 911 and first cop that arrived thought he was dead at first, but he started moving again. Fire department had to cut him out and seeing his leg under the dash when they removed the door was pretty nasty. He did live. Face was broken up, and so was one leg, but other than that he was ok. Guy was drunk and keep going straight when the road made an S turn, and hit the 3 foot high side of a small service road that went out to a pond nearby. Entire engine compartment broke off at the firewall and went under the car. Amazing he survived.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
The night I was driving back to Denver with a set of double 45's and saw car wrecked in a field about 30' to 40' off the highway. Pulled over to see if everything was ok and found a guy in the car all bloody, and about 2/3 off his body under the front dash. Thought he was dead, but started moving his head when I shined my flashlight at his face. Called 911 and first cop that arrived thought he was dead at first, but he started moving again. Fire department had to cut him out and seeing his leg under the dash when they removed the door was pretty nasty. He did live. Face was broken up, and so was one leg, but other than that he was ok. Guy was drunk and keep going straight when the road made an S turn, and hit the 3 foot high side of a small service road that went out to a pond nearby. Entire engine compartment broke off at the firewall and went under the car. Amazing he survived.
Nice hero work brown 67, you felt good you were in the right place at the right time.

brown67

Nice hero work brown 67, you felt good you were in the right place at the right time.

Thanks. Just right place at the right time. Cars would have had a hard time seeing the wreck, because it was sitting in a low spot behind that access road. I could see it from my tractor since I'm sitting higher. Had some equipment issues in Denver that night, so I was running about 2 hours behind too. Lucky dude. Hope he learns his lesson not to drink and drive.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Thanks. Just right place at the right time. Cars would have had a hard time seeing the wreck, because it was sitting in a low spot behind that access road. I could see it from my tractor since I'm sitting higher. Had some equipment issues in Denver that night, so I was running about 2 hours behind too. Lucky dude. Hope he learns his lesson not to drink and drive.
True about drinking and driving. He probably quit all together. Did you see him after his long hospital visit?

watdaflock?

The moment I realize our benefits and pay is greater than its costs.
Hasn't happened yet I'm just being optimistic.

Kidding....looking forward to the raise in August. It'll at least cover those ridiculous Union fees.

clean hairy

The day I was told by my Sup that being at work was more important than the Funeral of a close Family member.
I called the Union, when I came back from Funeral Leave, the sup kept thier distance.

Xexys

Retired and Happy
So many...one that comes to mind though was when I walked to the rear of the house to DR the package properly and was met by a blond completely naked and she didn't even try to cover up. I stayed for some lemonade!