most memorable moment ever at UPS

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yep. Same here joe, I remember vividly delivering an envelope to an office, the lady who was signing told me about it , we were standing there in shock staring at a tv they had ,then this a- hole in a suit comes in and yells at her telling her he needs this and that.She informed him what was going on, he stormed off repeating his demands , not even caring........

....was she supposed to drop everything and sit there (on the clock) watching the events unfold on TV...?

Dr.Brownz

So many...one that comes to mind though was when I walked to the rear of the house to DR the package properly and was met by a blond completely naked and she didn't even try to cover up. I stayed for some lemonade!

A driver I know walked around a house out in a rural area and found the teenage son masterbating on the back porch

Dr.Brownz

Mine was when Ron Carey was on the news and said we were going on strike at midnight.

I come from a conservative family. My dad was in management in his company. I am still conservative to this day.

I remember being young, dumb, and scared. My dad told me to man up and get my butt down to that picket line. He said I signed up for it, and I had to go over that hill as if I was in the military.

After a week, we were at a family gathering. I had to leave early to go to the picket line. Another family member, who used to be in management at Eastern Airlines, said we should all be fired. I guess he was not management material, because he did not know law.

Anyway, my dad chimed in and took upnfor me. Be told this jerk of an extended family member that we all would not have 40 hour work weeks, child labor laws, paid vacations, and Holidays if Unions had not fought for them first.

I always respected my dad, but those 2 weeks he supported me in an endeavour that he did not 100% agree with, but backed his son, and pushed me to do what was right.

Interesting perspective. My dad drove also so I've always grown up with the sense that unions area good thing, honestly i'm only just now learning of the intense hate some people have for unions.

MaceFremonti

Just had one of my buddies who is still in delivery send me a pic of him getting a BJ in the pack of his package car....I recognize the woman too as he took over my route when I went to Feeders....LOL

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Don't worry about him. Hes so far up the UPS butt crack, that if someone flew a plane into his truck he would be more concerned with how to finish his route than the occurring events.

I worked that day and did my best to keep up on what was happening but I still had a job to do and there was little that would get done if I were sitting there watching TV.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
And @jumpman23 is the Midnight Toker.
ANYTIME TOKER FRIEND lol
200cvbgh.gif

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Plenty of memorable moments with my first FT supervisor, who was a :censored2:ing psychopath. He was the type of guy that you'd hear coming from two belts away screaming and frothing at the mouth and a UPS management golden boy.

He'd also shave OT from everyone's time cards. He was promoted to run a smaller center about 30 miles away and was fired within a month for doing the same thing when he didn't have the advantage of being able to hide on a shift of 400+ employees.

Seeing a manager stealing time from someone that's making $8.50/hour really prepped me for the rest of my UPS career.

I've got a ton of other stories of cops getting called on stewards, managers banging other sups in their offices, getting thrown out of managers' offices, being publicly threatened in front of 40+ employees, watching managers get demoted for workplace violence, etc. but I'll save those for my book when I retire.

:peaceful:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Plenty of memorable moments with my first FT supervisor, who was a :censored2:ing psychopath. He was the type of guy that you'd hear coming from two belts away screaming and frothing at the mouth and a UPS management golden boy.

He'd also shave OT from everyone's time cards. He was promoted to run a smaller center about 30 miles away and was fired within a month for doing the same thing when he didn't have the advantage of being able to hide on a shift of 400+ employees.

Seeing a manager stealing time from someone that's making $8.50/hour really prepped me for the rest of my UPS career.

I've got a ton of other stories of cops getting called on stewards, managers banging other sups in their offices, getting thrown out of managers' offices, being publicly threatened in front of 40+ employees, watching managers get demoted for workplace violence, etc. but I'll save those for my book when I retire.

:peaceful:
that's why I have to hand it to you stewards. on the front line taking this BS and staying sane. I don't know how you do it. I was asked and declined because I knew I would not be able to.

I think that is one of the highlights of my career. meeting a couple men and women who had the strength and integrity to become stewards and serve the members. thank you.