Most misloads by a single person you've heard of

rkctkc

I was covering a route once that had a post office on it, had 2 bags for a different post office in a different city. They both had about 30 packages each in them.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Had someone fit over 140 small yellow envelopes into a bag before.
idontbelieveyou.gif

Only been working a few weeks in a small center. This morning we were told that yesterday there were 33 misloads. I was loading 3 trucks, and managed to have 3 misloads, which isn't good. Somehow, another guy who has been here over a year and was only loading two trucks managed to rack up 22 misloads. Now that takes talent.
I had ten one day a couple weeks ago. 70 stops turned into 80 real quick. I was pissed. Ended up going over 12. Cha Ching.

HBGPreloader

The official record number of misloads in the package cars in our building is somewhere around 40. The guy that did that is still working and still averaging about 6 - 8 per day.
The other day, though, the record could have, technically, easily been beaten by at least 100 packages because a red-tagged PC somehow ended up on the line and was loaded. And, nobody noticed it until the driver was ready to leave.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The official record number of misloads in the package cars in our building is somewhere around 40. The guy that did that is still working and still averaging about 6 - 8 per day.
The other day, though, the record could have, technically, easily been beaten by at least 100 packages because a red-tagged PC somehow ended up on the line and was loaded. And, nobody noticed it until the driver was ready to leave.

Those would have been left in building's, not misloads.

oldngray

nowhere special
Those would have been left in building's, not misloads.

LIB's if caught before the package car left the building. If they didn't catch it in time then yes it would have been misloads. Send again misloads are surprisingly common. When a preloader starts the first thing he/she is supposed to is sort through the send agains but that doesn't always get done. If that car was on a different route the day before it can become misload city.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

LIB's if caught before the package car left the building. If they didn't catch it in time then yes it would have been misloads. Send again misloads are surprisingly common. When a preloader starts the first thing he/she is supposed to is sort through the send agains but that doesn't always get done. If that car was on a different route the day before it can become misload city.

They would not have been misloads regardless of when they were noticed. They were PAL'd to that lane----it's not the loaders fault if the car parked there was red tagged. Had they not been noticed in time and/or not taken on road they would have all been exception coded as LIB and the center manager would have not been able to sit down for a week after the ass chewing he would have received from the DM.

oldngray

nowhere special
Coding as LIB just makes the misload report look better. Still service failures but LIB's aren't frowned upon as much as misloads are.

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....

Things are different now OG, every truck is emptied out clean on the reload. No sendagains left on the truck. Reasoning: that package could be assigned anywhere tomorrow.

We don't really bid on a route anymore; we bid on a truck number.

When I clock in, I know what truck and what town, and I know I will be dragging a TP60. As far as what areas will be loaded on my truck: anybody's guess....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Coding as LIB just makes the misload report look better. Still service failures but LIB's aren't frowned upon as much as misloads are.

Which part are you having difficulty with? Pkg car 123456, which was red tagged, was parked in lane 12. The car was loaded according to PAL; in fact, it was a country run and was loaded stop for stop. The preload did their job and none of those packages would be considered misloads if they did not make service.

What would have happened if they caught it in time is they would have pulled that package car out in to the parking lot, backed another one up to it and 3-4 hourlies would have quickly transferred the packages. If they didn't catch it until much later the packages would have been exception coded and put out for delivery the following day.

oldngray

nowhere special
Things are different now OG, every truck is emptied out clean on the reload. No sendagains left on the truck. Reasoning: that package could be assigned anywhere tomorrow.

When I clock in, I know what truck and what town, and I know I will be dragging a TP60. As far as what areas will be loaded on my truck: anybody's guess....

Package cars are supposed to get emptied out every night so they can go through the system to get PAL'ed again the next day but doesn't always happen.

oldngray

nowhere special

Not a route but a position in a loop. They can put your work on a truck with a different number every day if they want to. It is never "your" truck. A pain in the butt to get stuck driving a different one but its part of the job when it happens.