Most Pkgs Ever On My Route

HomeDelivery

it's increasing... which is why i'm switching from by-the-stop pay to an hourly pay... if they're going to keep me out all night, they're going to pay for my time out there!

have a good peak!:onitswaysmiley:

Goldilocks

3 times nothing is still nothing. You just have more nothing than we do...enjoy!

Wait until they start complaining about Peak! While they are working in the dark on Christmas Eve with flashlights, we will be all snug on a rug by the fire place drinking our cheers....Bottoms Up...

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That's great!! you make 6 times more than the average ground driver,plus you can afford benefits.(they can't)
Plebs that they are!!!

...delurking for a moment

You mean the guy who bought the routes (or the rights to operate them, whichever), bought the trucks, insured the trucks, negotiated a deal with FedEx, jumped through the legal hoops, and pays the bills makes more money than the guy whose only investment in the operation is the time he puts in each day?

Shocking!

bbsam

Staff member
Wait until they start complaining about Peak! While they are working in the dark on Christmas Eve with flashlights, we will be all snug on a rug by the fire place drinking our cheers....Bottoms Up...

That would be worrking hard and not smart. Last peak I drove exactly twice for less than 4 hours each time.

vantexan

...delurking for a moment

You mean the guy who bought the routes (or the rights to operate them, whichever), bought the trucks, insured the trucks, negotiated a deal with FedEx, jumped through the legal hoops, and pays the bills makes more money than the guy whose only investment in the operation is the time he puts in each day?

Shocking!

You mean the guy who follows the FedEx blueprint but "isn't" an employee? The guy who's an enabler for a company hellbent on forcing it's employees out of the middle class and is exploiting a whole other workforce to do it? Not shocking, just typical FedEx.

Goldilocks

That would be worrking hard and not smart. Last peak I drove exactly twice for less than 4 hours each time.

There is no way you would ever ever understand. We worked hard but loved every minute of it. Ground is no way in the same catagory as Express. We started this company and worked long hour with big checks but it just got crazy with greed and stupid managers. LOOK, because this will be your fate too. BTW, we had a Senior lose his job and is now a Ground Super. Have fun because he was one that liked SEX, MOUNTAIN DEW AND BACON SANDWICHES. LOL.....

bbsam

Staff member
There is no way you would ever ever understand. We worked hard but loved every minute of it. Ground is no way in the same catagory as Express. We started this company and worked long hour with big checks but it just got crazy with greed and stupid managers. LOOK, because this will be your fate too. BTW, we had a Senior lose his job and is now a Ground Super. Have fun because he was one that liked SEX, MOUNTAIN DEW AND BACON SANDWICHES. LOL.....
I don't want to understand. All you have is some kind of superiority complex that is not supported by the facts. Maybe you were something great. Now? Not impressed. And maybe seniors garner alot of respect at Express. Not so at Ground. They are tolerated and liked sometimes but no fear. They are middle management having to take crap from above and below. We tend to mutually agree that they should stay in their offices. As to Ground's future, same as always. Nothing promised, nothing stolen.

Glorifiedpackmule

I don't want to understand. All you have is some kind of superiority complex that is not supported by the facts. Maybe you were something great. Now? Not impressed. And maybe seniors garner alot of respect at Express. Not so at Ground. They are tolerated and liked sometimes but no fear. They are middle management having to take crap from above and below. We tend to mutually agree that they should stay in their offices. As to Ground's future, same as always. Nothing promised, nothing stolen.

So the pay thing... Why aren't your drivers making 80 grand a year with benefits? I noticed the other day that the inside of a FedEx Ground truck looks quite similar to the inside of a UPS truck. Weird.. Ground's pay calculator must be broken.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You mean the guy who follows the FedEx blueprint but "isn't" an employee?

Yeah, just like the employee of any other franchisee.

The guy who's an enabler for a company hellbent on forcing it's employees out of the middle class and is exploiting a whole other workforce to do it?

He's not the enabler. The enablers are the people who are willing to sacrifice service for a low price and the people who are willing to provide it for a low price.

The wind was blowing. Don't blame the sailor for building a sail, putting it on his boat, and finding a way to make a buck off of it.