Most Pkgs Ever On My Route

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
Exactly! One of the few upsides to be a contractor. We only need to hit a certain service goal. It's based on a percentage of our volume. So you do good and save those service failures for when you want to get home early or you just want to start your weekend early... These goals are not difficult to hit.

Just stick to team green if that's your attitude. You'd never make it at Express with that attitude.

Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter, you guys don't deliver anything time sensitive or, critical. Just leave that important freight to us professionals.

STFXG

I'd make it just fine. I follow the standards set by the company. It seems to be acceptable by both FedEx and the customers who are lining up to ship with us. If they change the standards I will change what I do. Until then I'm a hired gun that is paid to maintain a specific level of service.

bbsam

Staff member
Just stick to team green if that's your attitude. You'd never make it at Express with that attitude.

Oh well, I guess it doesn't really matter, you guys don't deliver anything time sensitive or, critical. Just leave that important freight to us professionals.

Are you freakin' kidding me?! Have you been reading the "attitude" of Express people aroung here? Hell, I wouldn't hire any of them with their attitude, I don't care how much experience they have. And you want to talk about Ground attitude? Really? Or are you getting that warm, mushy feeling about how you and your co-workers used to be?

vantexan

Are you freakin' kidding me?! Have you been reading the "attitude" of Express people aroung here? Hell, I wouldn't hire any of them with their attitude, I don't care how much experience they have. And you want to talk about Ground attitude? Really? Or are you getting that warm, mushy feeling about how you and your co-workers used to be?

Yeah that's right, we've been lied to and manipulated but we have bad attitudes for not liking it. Guess what, few of us are going to work for guys like you, who make good off the efforts of underpaid laborers with no benefits. Justify your position all you want, you're part of the problem. And I understand that people who work for Ground are probably glad to have the work, and it's better than $8hr, but that doesn't make it right.

bbsam

Staff member
I didn't say it was a bad attitude. I pointed out that 7's disparaging of STXG's attitude seemed odd considering the disposition of many Exppress drivers here. And I don't have to justify anything. It is what it is.

HomeDelivery

It seems to be acceptable by both FedEx and the customers who are lining up to ship with us. If they change the standards I will change what I do. Until then I'm a hired gun that is paid to maintain a specific level of service.

one of the terminals frowns upon DNA (delivery not attempted) unless it was an extreme circumstance... like going close to being out too late (one night when working with a poorly managed contractor, i was out almost @ 2345 ~ a couple of nights out till 2200 until i had to quit & worked for another that had his act together)

Today, for example, I had an area where there was a HUUUGGEEE street fair & I couldn't deliver to a few addresses because they were blocked off by cones/traffic cops. I called the terminal & got the secretary who told me just code them 07 (unable to deliver or indirect) & write on the box "street fair/ roads are blocked" on the service cross...

I wasn't going to park a couple of blocks & walk it to the addresses ~ well i did for one that was close to the blocked road ~ when i'm not going to waste 30 to 45 minutes weaving through pedestrian traffic to get to my deliveries... for 4 stops:runcirclsmiley2:

another instance is when I went out on a Sunday a couple of years back during the blizzard to "catch up" on the deliveries; never again since i didn't get paid extra from the contractor for doing so. Hence, if they want me to be out all night, they're going to pay me hourly rate like Express...:not_fair:

vantexan

I didn't say it was a bad attitude. I pointed out that 7's disparaging of STXG's attitude seemed odd considering the disposition of many Exppress drivers here. And I don't have to justify anything. It is what it is.

"Hell, I wouldn't hire any of them with their attitude,..." Sounds bad to me.

bbsam

Staff member
"Hell, I wouldn't hire any of them with their attitude,..." Sounds bad to me.

I wouldn't make that judgement. I just wouldn't want to deal with them. They have an attitude of superiority, of knowing what's best and act to sabotage that which they disagree with. Maybe they have good reason. I don't care. I have a job to do and baby sitting grown men and women isn't it.

Goldilocks

one of the terminals frowns upon DNA (delivery not attempted) unless it was an extreme circumstance... like going close to being out too late (one night when working with a poorly managed contractor, i was out almost @ 2345 ~ a couple of nights out till 2200 until i had to quit & worked for another that had his act together)

Today, for example, I had an area where there was a HUUUGGEEE street fair & I couldn't deliver to a few addresses because they were blocked off by cones/traffic cops. I called the terminal & got the secretary who told me just code them 07 (unable to deliver or indirect) & write on the box "street fair/ roads are blocked" on the service cross...

I wasn't going to park a couple of blocks & walk it to the addresses ~ well i did for one that was close to the blocked road ~ when i'm not going to waste 30 to 45 minutes weaving through pedestrian traffic to get to my deliveries... for 4 stops:runcirclsmiley2:

another instance is when I went out on a Sunday a couple of years back during the blizzard to "catch up" on the deliveries; never again since i didn't get paid extra from the contractor for doing so. Hence, if they want me to be out all night, they're going to pay me hourly rate like Express...:not_fair:

Get ready for change. Its coming. As an Express Courier we ARE expected to get the job done and make our customers happy. Coding packages because a street is shut down is NOT an excuse at Express. Many many times we have had to grab our handcarts with frieght and walk though crouds of people to deliver and make those customers happy. Rain, Sleet, Snow, Ice, Tornadoes or Hurricanes are NO excuse. I believe your change will be happening. The STANDARDS of Gound will change to High Expectations with No excuses. JMO

Goldilocks

My family comes first on Christmas Eve. It's 8 hours and if I have more than I can do in that time frame then they come back as DNAs. Order earlier or tough :censored2:!

Wow, Are you a manager with Ground? What happens when you inherit our Express Saver and P2? What do you think is going to happen?

HomeDelivery

Coding packages because a street is shut down is NOT an excuse at Express. Many many times we have had to grab our handcarts with frieght and walk though crouds of people to deliver and make those customers happy. Rain, Sleet, Snow, Ice, Tornadoes or Hurricanes are NO excuse.

according to STFXG, it is upon their discretion since it's their service areas... but, i did call it in to get approval first. hey, if i get paid by the hour, i'll also lock up my package car, whip out the flimsy handcart that a few contractors provide with the vehicles & would take that 30-45 minutes to walk out those 4 stops.

do you also know in the past (& i've seen some still done like this currently) that some of Ground's or HD drivers are "lazy" if there's a misplot or if one or 2 stops were out of the way? check out how customers complain about having code 07 (not at home/ can't indirect to neighbors) and no door tag scanned & slapped on their door...

when i cover for a route, i sometimes have to "clean up" & find the correct address & sometimes tell the customer to use the 2nd line of the online address forms to note the cross street if your city shares the same zipcode with the neighboring city. one customer was waiting for a car part & for 2 days in a row, the driver coded it a 03 (unable to locate) & then a 07 just to save 20 minutes out of his day. Saturday, i just re-plot it on my own GPS & took care of it. Why? because i'll get paid for a successful delivery & i had some daylight left...

Yea, that was mis-management on some contractors to have DNAs; one contractor had service areas that were close together & if one of his team members are having a bad day, other members that are done early will go out to him & help the driver out... so he's always putting out 100% service. it can be done with a contractor that has set up his areas correctly. I worked with a couple of them 1st-hand.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
Get ready for change. Its coming. As an Express Courier we ARE expected to get the job done and make our customers happy. Coding packages because a street is shut down is NOT an excuse at Express. Many many times we have had to grab our handcarts with frieght and walk though crouds of people to deliver and make those customers happy. Rain, Sleet, Snow, Ice, Tornadoes or Hurricanes are NO excuse. I believe your change will be happening. The STANDARDS of Gound will change to High Expectations with No excuses. JMO
I have to call BS on this. These forums are full of stories of Express management ducking behind weather delay codes etc for service number purposes.

bbsam

Staff member
Wow, Are you a manager with Ground? What happens when you inherit our Express Saver and P2? What do you think is going to happen?
This is the gamble FDX is taking. Mostly though they make it very worth the contractor's effort to meet service expectations. It's all about the money.

whenIgetthere

I have to call BS on this. These forums are full of stories of Express management ducking behind weather delay codes etc for service number purposes.

You're right here in that you say it's Fedex management who use these codes to 'help' their own service numbers, as it is management, not the couriers who abuse these DEX codes. At my station, we are forbidden to use most of the delay codes, the execptions being DEX 03 and 08. DEX 17 and 84 are management only decisions. If we do DEX03 a package, we are expected to reattempt it the same day if we or dispatch finds the correct address.

STFXG

My family comes first on Christmas Eve. It's 8 hours and if I have more than I can do in that time frame then they come back as DNAs. Order earlier or tough :censored2:!

You don't think we all ready have overnight packages? They get more upset by DNAs on over night because it throws off their service. But the fact is it counts against my service the same way a building that closes early does.

Nothing will change when we take over your volume. We will meet the standards set by fedex in the contract. We will get our big bonus every month for service.

And we can use weather codes at OUR discretion. We don't need to check with management.

STFXG

Nothing will change when we take over your volume. We will meet the standards set by fedex in the contract. We will get our big bonus every month for service.
Until Fred decides you guys aren't worth a big bonus every month.
And we can use weather codes at OUR discretion. We don't need to check with management.
Yet.

Very true. Coding they can change on a whim. They've done it before.

And if they decide to take away our bonuses then that will come up in a new contract and we will have the choice to sign it or walk away.