Most Stops At Peak?

SmithBarney

202 today, no helper... :(

last year I ran about 450 or so by 1pm... with 4 helpers.. ;)
The BIG uhaul fits lots of boxes...
Then I went to pick up 1500 pieces from some christmas store.

D

Dolphan

In 1991 my helper and I delivered 554 stops and 521 stops on back to back days - on paper not diad. It was and still is the record for most stops delivered in one day - all of which was residential and done in 10.5 hours.

xkingx

last month i did 425 by myself and i was done by 2pm

okay those were mainly verizonletters but still.....:blushing:

B

brown and down

Are you out of your mind.!!!! Next time shoot for 500 stops and make sure you turn in some sales leads. They will appreciate the extra effort you are giving them. Dont forget buckle up and be safe too. A..H...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Some of you are claiming 40-55 stops an hour? Its getting deep, 30-35 stops an hour is really cooking. I don't see how anybody could have an area where delivery stop density would be so great to drive, record, and run off a stop every 60-90 seconds or so. :laugh:

Griff

I'm running a split through peak.

Most so far was:
261 stops / 291 packages
5 pickups / 34 pkgs (18 or so were 90lbs+)
91 miles (15 miles or so each way to where I deliver)

That was a 8:30PM night. 8:30AM - 8:30PM, but I take my full lunch and breaks unlike most in my center. I also do not sprint from the truck to the door and back like I see tons of guys doing.

I have no clue if I ran under/over/scratch, I don't ever look at those sheets in the morning...could careless really.

The record for our center is in the 500's. Not really sure how that's humanly possible and why management doesn't question a driver who has numbers like that. I'm pretty sure it's a combination of cheating on basically everything that has to do with being a UPS driver and probably not taking your full lunch like an idiot.

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
Some of you are claiming 40-55 stops an hour? Its getting deep, 30-35 stops an hour is really cooking. I don't see how anybody could have an area where delivery stop density would be so great to drive, record, and run off a stop every 60-90 seconds or so. :laugh:

Some of my delivery areas are that quick--alot of easments where the front of one house is lined up with the back of another on another street. The delivery trace looks like I'm ping-ponging around---I am so glad I'm not on PAS yet.

And for those of you you have to do the web based training, the true answers to the questions reguarding backing are: the quickest way to make a delivery. back as close to the delivery as possible. and drive into as many resi driveways as possible.

It also helps to prep your long resi driveways before peak with a tree saw and machetti-- for avocado and most fruit tree branches with less than 2 in. diameter, you can just use the package car

BIGBROWN42

I think it's good someone is asking. See the responses kid? There are still some folks out there that still respect the work that they do! Great job brothers and sisters.

lp59pete

I had 146 stops yesterday and 28 pickups. Of course 100 were business stops and another 20 something were signature required apts. The other twenty something driver release went pretty fast though--no helper. I wish I had more of the porch droppers and less business!:crying:

Pkgrunner

Till I Collapse
I think it's good someone is asking. See the responses kid? There are still some folks out there that still respect the work that they do! Great job brothers and sisters.

It's not that I don't respect the work we all do, especially durring peak. It's just that after 19 of them, sarcasm has begun to set in:wink:

Last edited:

outta hours

Well we got in an extra trailer Friday and I had 83 stops. Sorry I did not post last night when I got in ,I was just to tired. Still no helper yet either.

upsdude

Running 180-210 so far, 2 hour helper. Helper lives exactly where you would want to have a meet point, perfect. We were expecting a rotten peak this year. One wild card no one expected was an awesome preload. We've been leaving the center at 840-850 every day. The new preload manager has them starting at 2:00 AM, and going down at 745-800. Yes, we're on PAS. I've been punching out at 615 645. I'm sure it will get tough over the next 2 weeks, but hey, it's only 10 working days from this point forward.

SmithBarney

Wow you guys leave the building at 840... thats what dreams are made of here.... literally, I think I'm still sleeping at 840... our start is 930, we rarely get out before 10... (thats even for non peak too)

upsdude

Wow you guys leave the building at 840... thats what dreams are made of here.... literally, I think I'm still sleeping at 840... our start is 930, we rarely get out before 10... (thats even for non peak too)

Our leave building times have improved for sure. The previous preload manager was a first class jerk that had no concern at all for the delivery side. Maybe that's why she was busted back to supervisor. LOL. The new manager is a "get the job done and the numbers will follow" kind of guy, it shows. Friday I was off the clock and home by 615. My wife thought I got fired. LOL.