most stops this peak

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
since I get to watch this one from the sidelines, my thoughts and prayers go to all of you for a safe christmas. And for those that are working late at night to get all the last minute shopping delivered, my thanks for carrying on the tradition in the best manor possible.

I wish the best for all of you!

d

U

Unregistered

296 stops here so far, but that isn't really too bad yet, since according to their numbers since I now need 195 stops for 8 hours planned. We are not even on PAS yet, can't wait to see what that does to my planned day.

S

speeddemon

Normally, 90 stops and 110 miles...........now 120 stops and 140 miles........no helper yet, but the check is MONDO!

InTheRed

the top so far was 280 in a 7-cube. at least it had power steering and a new suspension. went out with about 180, cleaned it out (had a driver for a helper), and reloaded twice from other drivers. Almost all resi stops.

browndude

had 78 stops today delivered 220 pkgs 9 pickups picked up 15 pkgs 160 miles. i hope peak stays like this oh yeah i almost forgot i worked 8.25

stepitup

...and we're just getting started

Tuesday...150 stops (95 during non-peak), 194 miles, 227 pkgs. We are instructed to only keep our helpers 2.99 hours. I'm sure I'm gonna get that "stepitup" pep talk tomorrow!

DS

Fenderbender
The worst part of it here in Canada is that most of the pkgs bought online or even gifts here are subject to the "brokerage charges"that ups tags on .A $100 item from the USA to Canada can often have an $80 additional charge that appears as a "cod" to us drivers.They didn`t tell me there`d be additional charges they say.So we virtually hold thier pkg hostage until they agree to pay up.I had about 45 resis in my truck this morning at least 20 of them were COD`s.Heres your gift from your kids in Florida,that`ll be $77.50 Ma`m.I had 7 COD send agains today,add that to the 20 more COD`s I`m gonna have tomorrow.No way you can do 254 stops if half of them are COD`s .The worst part is that it takes away from the santa in the brown suit image when I`m doing christmas resis.If they use the USPS its one flat $5 charge regardless of the value and I admit I tell them this .But alas US shippers use us for everything.I dont think they are aware of the money grab that nets ups and our government millions with the 15% taxes on top the the "brokerage".I`ve had old ladies cry as they forked over what would`ve been thier cat food money.I had to speak up about this...it bugs me...other than that,I hope everyone gets through this peak tired but unscathed.Happy crimble and Merry migglemoose to all.

wornoutupser

Double,

Does that charge go both ways?
I have ordered many things fron Canada through the years and I have not been charged.

Was I just lucky?

inmt

a driver in our center sent a small gift to some relatives in Canada. Worth about $15. The canadian folks were told to pay a $20 tarriff or tax on it. Our driver told them not to since it was worth only $15. He explained to them to just refuse it and it would be returned to him... as per usual UPS procedure. However, this is where it gets crazy, instead our driver was later informed by UPS that if he wanted the package back, he would have to pay the $20.!!!! Some ups worker in customs got a free gift cuz he told them to keep it. :) So much for free trade.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
The only thing in free trade that is really free is the money that the gooberment goobs stick in their pocket. The rest of us get stuck in the ba$$

d

switchoff

Double, I tell ALL my customers that pay broker tags that when they have stuff shipped to them, try to get the shipper to just put down a value of $15.
Everything that has a value over $20 CDN is subject to the taxes, (maybe duty) and broker fees. Especially if they're receving stuff from family or friends. A little harder to try and convince a big shipper to do that.

I order stuff from ebay all the time, and before I even bid on anything, I make sure they can put down a lower declared value for me. If not, I'll go look elsewhere. Works all the time.