mostly a question for feeder drivers

pretender

Of the choice between cabovers I would take one. Decent steering and they slept nice. I didnt care for the manual steering in the Macks but the video game shifter was ok.

They definitely were the best for stretching out/sleeping--something you couldn't do in an Astro...

Last edited:

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We had a bunch of the White-GMC COE's that FedEx bought on the cheap from a cancelled order. Besides being crap trucks, these were set-up for construction and were sprung for 105,000 GVW so they rode like tanks. I had one for about a year on a 325 mile RT run and always felt like I would be launched through the roof every time I hit an expansion joint on the freeway. The dump exhaust (no stack) was also great because it doubled the noise level in the cab and made an ugly truck even less attractive.Add-in the turning radius of a battleship and shift throws about a foot long and you had a very "popular" tractor. I've seen very few at UPS, but I know we've still got a few of them. Oh yeah, the steering wheel looked like it came out of a compact car...very small and weird.

City Driver

We had a bunch of the White-GMC COE's that FedEx bought on the cheap from a cancelled order. Besides being crap trucks, these were set-up for construction and were sprung for 105,000 GVW so they rode like tanks. I had one for about a year on a 325 mile RT run and always felt like I would be launched through the roof every time I hit an expansion joint on the freeway. The dump exhaust (no stack) was also great because it doubled the noise level in the cab and made an ugly truck even less attractive.Add-in the turning radius of a battleship and shift throws about a foot long and you had a very "popular" tractor. I've seen very few at UPS, but I know we've still got a few of them. Oh yeah, the steering wheel looked like it came out of a compact car...very small and weird.

i hate tractors with steer stops, no turning radius at all