Mothers Day saturday...any full-timers here working?

iruhnman630

Next Sunday is Mothers Day, and us lower seniority drivers expected to be working our annual one-and-only Saturday. But when the start times were posted for this week, the expected layoffs and on calls were posted for tomorrow, but Saturday start times were not listed.

To my understanding, this means we are NOT working Saturday, and cannot be forced to work Saturday regardless of how many days I work Mon through Fri.

Is anybody else working Saturday?

I'm spending this day with my son & daughters mother + the mother in law. Family is the only thing that matters in life when you get down to it. And I love them

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Next Sunday is Mothers Day, and us lower seniority drivers expected to be working our annual one-and-only Saturday. But when the start times were posted for this week, the expected layoffs and on calls were posted for tomorrow, but Saturday start times were not listed.

To my understanding, this means we are NOT working Saturday, and cannot be forced to work Saturday regardless of how many days I work Mon through Fri.

Is anybody else working Saturday?
Doesn't really matter, if you don't want to come just call out. I guarantee there will be lower guys on the pole that will. They will work the weak and threaten the strong, but somehow they still find enough people every time.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Doesn't really matter, if you don't want to come just call out. I guarantee there will be lower guys on the pole that will. They will work the weak and threaten the strong, but somehow they still find enough people every time.

keep an eye out for supervisors working on Sunday (Mothers day)....they have in the past, not sure of the plan of attack this time

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
They'd be stupid to try that as any brown truck rolling on Sunday would be like Wells Fargo truck driving by to anyone who files.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
keep an eye out for supervisors working on Sunday (Mothers day)....they have in the past, not sure of the plan of attack this time

I heard they were looking for management volunteers to work this Saturday.
It will count towards their QPR "Service Experience" element.
All management in our group have a goal of 3 this year.
I think 2 or 3 in our group are driving in the Hall Center this Saturday.

For some reason I thought if you were off one day during the week then you were first to be worked on Saturday.. I might be wrong however

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I heard they were looking for management volunteers to work this Saturday.
It will count towards their QPR "Service Experience" element.
All management in our group have a goal of 3 this year.
I think 2 or 3 in our group are driving in the Hall Center this Saturday.
Bring those guys in Monday when the trucks are brick loaded with 3 routes crammed into one for the real "Service Experience", not a 30 stops scenic tour.

iruhnman630

The question is about Saturday, not Sunday.

I've worked Mothers Day Saturday (and one Valentines Saturday) the last two years delivering flowers and such...I made quite a stink about it back then.

iruhnman630

For some reason I thought if you were off one day during the week then you were first to be worked on Saturday.. I might be wrong however
True. But there is no Saturday start time listed for us this time around, either because it was omitted by error or we're not doing it this year.

Just wondering if anybody else is.

UPSGUY72

They'd be stupid to try that as any brown truck rolling on Sunday would be like Wells Fargo truck driving by to anyone who files.

IF they put a list up for people to driver and you don't sign it you can't file.... However if they did put a list up and you signed it and you didn't get a chance to drive and you saw a SUP driving that would be different. the same should be said to if they don't put a list up at all.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
IF they put a list up for people to driver and you don't sign it you can't file.... However if they did put a list up and you signed it and you didn't get a chance to drive and you saw a SUP driving that would be different. the same should be said to if they don't put a list up at all.
I get that, it's just the more likely scenerio is to have only a handful of mangement run packages that came in late or what not, without posting it to hourlies.

ChadBrunn

Last year they made a big stink about me not working on Mothers Day Saturday. I pitch for my daughters coach pitch all star team an there is a tournament this weekend. They told me this year that it's mandatory. I haven't called out in two years but looks like I will be calling out this Saturday!

cino321

Out here they cannot force you, if you want to come in it's a 6th day punch in and you get paid time and a half.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I told them they could call me in the morning if they needed me to work in one certain town I enjoy and that if it's any other area, don't even bother dialing the phone.

iruhnman630

I'm working after all. Not a big deal since I was expecting to work it anyway. EZ money.

Found out by response required diad message at 11 am, to which I responded 'no.' Next message said 'call office.' That was a fun conversation.

Apparently I missed a pcm earlier in the week when the center manager said we'd be working which makes the whole thing legit despite the lack of posted Saturday start times.

I still have my doubts about it though: As I understand it, if no start time is listed they cannot force to work a Saturday. Am I right or wrong?