Mother's Day

moreluck

golden ticket member
happy_mothers_day-1.jpg

bbsam

Staff member
Oh great! What a lame excuse for a holiday! Completely made up by the greeting card company I could give you specifics but I gotta run. I'm late for...our... mothers day celebration at my mom's house and I have to stop and get her a card:happy2: Happy Mothers Day

moreluck

golden ticket member
A Freudian slip is when you say one thing but mean your mother. ~Author Unknown

Sweater, n.: garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly. ~Ambrose Bierce

All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his. ~Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest, 1895

Mothers are fonder than fathers of their children because they are more certain they are their own. ~Aristotle

A man's work is from sun to sun, but a mother's work is never done. ~Author Unknown

Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~Elizabeth Stone

Parents often talk about the younger generation as if they didn't have anything to do with it. ~Haim Ginott

moreluck

golden ticket member
MOTHERS.....

Real Mothers don't eat quiche; they don't have time to make it.

Real Mothers know that their kitchen utensils are probably in the sandbox.

Real Mothers often have sticky floors, filthy ovens and happy kids.

Real Mothers know that dried playdough doesn't come out of carpets.

Real Mothers don't want to know what the vacuum just sucked up.

Real Mothers sometimes ask 'Why me?' and get their answer when a little voice says, 'Because I love you best.'

Real Mothers know that a child's growth is not measured by height or years or grade...It is marked by the progression of Mommy to Mom to Mother...

The Images of Mother

4 YEARS OF AGE - My Mommy can do anything!

8 YEARS OF AGE - My Mom knows a lot! A whole lot!

12 YEARS OF AGE - My Mother doesn't really know quite everything.

14 YEARS OF AGE - Naturally, Mother doesn't know that, either.

16 YEARS OF AGE - Mother? She's hopelessly old-fashioned.

18 YEARS OF AGE - That old woman? She's way out of date!

25 YEARS OF AGE - Well, she might know a little bit about it.

35 YEARS OF AGE - Before we decide, let's get Mom's opinion.

45 YEARS OF AGE - Wonder what Mom would have thought about it?

65 YEARS OF AGE - Wish I could talk it over with Mom.

The beauty of a woman is not in the clothes she wears, the figure that she carries, or the way she combs her hair ... The beauty of a woman must be seen from her eyes, because that is the doorway to her heart, the place where love resides. The beauty of a woman is not in a facial mole, but true beauty in a woman is reflected in her soul . .. It is the caring that she lovingly gives, the passion that she shows, and the beauty of a woman with passing years only grows!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My two regrets in life is that my Mother never got to meet my wife (now ex) and our children. I know that she would have loved them as much as they would have loved her.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
My two regrets in life is that my Mother never got to meet my wife (now ex) and our children. I know that she would have loved them as much as they would have loved her.

Believe that she knows them even if they haven't met here. She looks down on them everyday and you as well. And she waits with open arms, praying that she has to wait a very long time..........................:angel:

texan

I will be only able to call mine.
It kicks my butt.
She is far from me in distance, and I can not see her this day.

S

serenity now

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there........

Especially the ones who don't satisfy the strict definition of a biological mother, but mean more to some child than words could ever tell, as they generously give their love and devotion so freely. This could be a foster mom, a precious aunt that was unable to have children, or a substitute grandmother. The fortunate children in these situations don't care that the lineage has been fractured; they only understand love when they see it.