Motor for canoe

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
OK Over, we've taken a secret poll about your canoe mount. This is the overwhelming winner. 375 lbs. of logging chain should ensure that the motor stays on the canoe.

• Pros: You can run over anything with that sucker.
  • Cons: 98% chance that it won't float.
Nice garage by the way.

over9five

Staff member
Ha! Nice! I use to have that Farrah poster...

I think it's a "peeping Dizzee", Dilli.

And Upstates right. I wouldn't own a model without the surprised look!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Ha! Nice! I use to have that Farrah poster...

I think it's a "peeping Dizzee", Dilli.

And Upstates right. I wouldn't own a model without the surprised look!
Oh, I knew it was Dizzee. I just didn't want to point any fingers. Somebody might call the mods and report it and then Dizzee would get a suspension for inappropriate behavior.:surprised:

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
That's funny Dizzee. Love the Farrah poster. My favorite is the 'peeping tom'.

It's weird. After I had been helpfully making suggestions for several hours, Over muttered something about "Fire Marshall" and "building capacity". Then he insisted I would be more comfortable outside. :confused2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
It's weird. After I had been helpfully making suggestions for several hours, Over muttered something about "Fire Marshall" and "building capacity". Then he insisted I would be more comfortable outside. :confused2:
OMG :rofl: He's such a 'NICE' guy! After all, you were just trying to be helpful! hmmph Hope you took the beyah with ya!:happy2:

over9five

Staff member
OK, ignoring the bra comments, etc.......

Todays voyage did not go well. Adjustments and improvements must be made!

The two 2x2s that clamp to the bar at the top of the gunwhales kept sliding forward (and therefore off!). This was not a good thing because I was left holding a wide open motor in one hand by the tiller. Luckily I had a rope tie-down thingy with me and I tied it in pretty good to the canoe handle.

The choke is very weird. Doesn't seem to be any position that works good for very long. Think I'll end up taking it apart and checking it out.

Bought some stuff at the hardware store on the way home. Don't worry, I'll post pics!!

Funny Rod mentioned "vessel". We've been calling it that instead of canoe 'cuz that's what all the paperwork said! ("I'm going to work on the vessel, dear")

Big Babooba

Todays voyage did not go well. Adjustments and improvements must be made!

The two 2x2s that clamp to the bar at the top of the gunwhales kept sliding forward (and therefore off!). This was not a good thing because I was left holding a wide open motor in one hand by the tiller. Luckily I had a rope tie-down thingy with me and I tied it in pretty good to the canoe handle.

Blue Donut: Mmmm... donuts. Pivot point.
Green Arrow: If it is a problem, can you put a stop here? Bolt or stop block permanantly attached to canoe? A couple of Quick Grip clamps at these points might be what the doctor ordered.

over9five

Staff member
And here's what I did today:

Canoemount2001.jpg

Not much chance of the mount sliding forward now!

over9five

Staff member
I also changed the 2x4 that the motor sat on. I thought the prop wasn't deep enough in the water the other day.

Canoemount2002.jpg

Basicly, I exchanged the 2x4 for a 2x2, and added another 2x2 under so the motor had plenty to support it.

over9five

Staff member
Note to Dilli:

I kept looking at my window expecting to see Dizzee. Just so you know, cuz I know you have one of those pictures of your garage.....

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
Note to Dilli:

I kept looking at my window expecting to see Dizzee. Just so you know, cuz I know you have one of those pictures of your garage.....

I'm over at Dilli's waiting for the pool to warm up. Oddly enough, her garage is very similar to yours. She has a different model of canoe though.

I see you went with the a variation of the logging chain idea. Sweet. :happy-very:

Keep us updated Skipper.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Note to Dilli:

I know what you mean! So when you going to try out the new system?

I'm over at Dilli's waiting for the pool to warm up. Oddly enough, her garage is very similar to yours. She has a different model of canoe though.

I see you went with the a variation of the logging chain idea. Sweet. :happy-very:

Keep us updated Skipper.
If we keep getting rain every afternoon, it's going to take awhile for that pool to warm. Never fear though, I ordered a solar heater for it. Now we will be able to enjoy it later in the year.:happy-very:
Our canoe goes alot faster! :surprised: