Motorcyclist Hit by UPS Truck: $3.4 Million

bluehdmc

Riding a motorcycle is stupid, period. All a helmet does is keep you alive as a crippled mess.

And people get injured horseback riding, skiing, on jet skis, bicycling, slipping on icy surfaces, tripping on the rug in their living rooms, etc., etc. Maybe one should just stay home, eating an all natural vegan diet, breathing filtered air, and hopefully they won't die of cancer, get Alzheimer's, or a heart attack, or stroke.

This is something my Mother used to say, think very carefully about this statement; "If you are born to hang, you will never drown."

That's kind of the philosophy I use, I don't jump into a tigers tent, go pet an unknown dog, and try to look before I leap. When I ride a motorcycle, I wear protective clothing and a helmet, and not try to worry about anything and everything.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
And people get injured horseback riding, skiing, on jet skis, bicycling, slipping on icy surfaces, tripping on the rug in their living rooms, etc., etc. Maybe one should just stay home, eating an all natural vegan diet, breathing filtered air, and hopefully they won't die of cancer, get Alzheimer's, or a heart attack, or stroke.

This is something my Mother used to say, think very carefully about this statement; "If you are born to hang, you will never drown."

That's kind of the philosophy I use, I don't jump into a tigers tent, go pet an unknown dog, and try to look before I leap. When I ride a motorcycle, I wear protective clothing and a helmet, and not try to worry about anything and everything.
but a healthy amount of paranoia helps for me. Everybody is trying to kill me and make it look like an accident.

Indecisi0n

You're right.

OLztM4P.gif
That guy died. I remember his mom put a PSA out about it. He was young if I remember correctly.

Indecisi0n

When I was a young ride I use to show boat and show off my bike to others but back then there wasn't texting. Now you need to be on alert at all times.

I had a guy on my right one time lock eyes with me as I slowly began to pass in his left. Even though he saw me (his head turned to me) he still merged into my lane almost hitting me. I thought he was doing it to be a dick but he violently steered his car back into his lane when he realized I was there. He had a very shocked look on his face. Just shows sometimes people are just in zombie mode. We all been there.

rod

Retired 22 years
For the most part I can't go from one side of town to the other (its a small town too) without having to take some sort of evasive action with some idiot pulling out or changing lanes. Springtime is the worse. People aren't used to looking for motorcycles. I've had two friends killed in the last couple of years. One was riding side by side on a two lane road when the bike on the left swerve for some litter in the road. My friend instinctively served also only he clipped a mailbox doing abut 50. I refuse to ride side by side anytime. The other death was when another friend rear ended the car in front of him doing about 5 mph at a stoplight. He tipped over and hit his head on the bumper of the truck along side of him. He wasn't wearing a helmet. Just like that hes gone. You have to break out your A game when you are riding.

Indecisi0n

For the most part I can't go from one side of town to the other (its a small town too) without having to take some sort of evasive action with some idiot pulling out or changing lanes. Springtime is the worse. People aren't used to looking for motorcycles. I've had two friends killed in the last couple of years. One was riding side by side on a two lane road when the bike on the left swerve for some litter in the road. My friend instinctively served also only he clipped a mailbox doing abut 50. I refuse to ride side by side anytime. The other death was when another friend rear ended the car in front of him doing about 5 mph at a stoplight. He tipped over and hit his head on the bumper of the truck along side of him. He wasn't wearing a helmet. Just like that hes gone. You have to break out your A game when you are riding.
I never ride side by side , always staggered.