MOU announced today

upser_J

The company and union has agreed on a voluntary MOU to keep the layed off employees working. The company and union has asked aircraft mechanics to either quit, work less hours, take unpaid leave, share hours, etc etc because the company cannot figure out how the lay off clause in the 2001 contract meaning and intend works. How can a company ask people that have worked for 4 years without a contract, raise, pension, health care, etc etc to give back when we are working massive overtime just to keep NDA flying out of SDF. The MOU is on the local2727 website and I will try to get the whole MOU but reading it just makes me sick. I cannot understand why this company would risk safety of the general public to "step over a dollar to pick up a penny" while people are working ot just to keep aircraft moving.
its called betting on never having to pay the dollar

tieguy

Banned
The MOU is a joke! First step was to put fear in the membership with layoffs, then offer a MOU to break our will. Next will be consessions and nobody will get their jobs back. Its pretty clear that our Union leadership is overmatched and will accept any snake oil the company wants to sell.

I'm certainly no union fan but in this case I see a little selfishness here. Its easy to say your leadership is incompetent or to blame them for buying the companys BS. In the process you not only discredit your union leadership but a lot of dedicated people in the hierarchy of your union who's job it is to crunch the numbers and also assess the economic conditions. You have people in those positions that know and understand our business climate and the overall business climate that are advising your leaders. There has to be more to this then your leadership agreeing to these terms just because UPS asked them nicely or invited them to some golf outing. Even if we take your argument to extremes and say your leadership has been somewhat BS'd there is still some truth to what they are seeing and why they agreed to these terms. With that said I think you're deciscion to totally discount what they have done is really just a decision to keep what you have at the expense of the other members that are now going to get laid off as a result.

ups767mech

I'm certainly no union fan but in this case I see a little selfishness here. Its easy to say your leadership is incompetent or to blame them for buying the companys BS. In the process you not only discredit your union leadership but a lot of dedicated people in the hierarchy of your union who's job it is to crunch the numbers and also assess the economic conditions. You have people in those positions that know and understand our business climate and the overall business climate that are advising your leaders. There has to be more to this then your leadership agreeing to these terms just because UPS asked them nicely or invited them to some golf outing. Even if we take your argument to extremes and say your leadership has been somewhat BS'd there is still some truth to what they are seeing and why they agreed to these terms. With that said I think you're deciscion to totally discount what they have done is really just a decision to keep what you have at the expense of the other members that are now going to get laid off as a result.

For once I didnt want to punch you through the monitor tie. Nice maybe we can build this into a lasting relationship.

Our executive board is doing a fine job. The reason airbus is here trying to trash them is that his buddies darmento and chatburn were caught stealing money and brought up on charges for it. Now he has to be darmentos mouthpiece and trash our president because he overwhelmingly lost an election to our current president twice. Sour grapes if you ask me.

Anyway........... as far as the MOU,I happen to agree with airbus. The company is looking for givebacks from guys who havent had a raise in 3 years. I dont know if you know anything about the aviation industry but I can tell you once you start giving back its gone forever. Let me see if i can name some airline examples that you could look up in your spare time sitting in your office. Look up stories about Eastern airlines then when your done with that check out Pan AM. After that USAIR and finally Northwest airlines. To name the big ones, but they are just a few. If you find what happend at those airlines acceptable ill be glad to job share with someone. Those companies also asked for give backs and got them. All in the name of saving jobs. How far did it get those mechanics? Those airlines are the reason we have people on our senority list with a birthdate in 1933.

Also what is UPS going to give up? They made 800 million profit last quarter. Thats alot more than what i made the first quarter.

All we ask of them is to bring our work back from china and germany and they cant do that.

Therefor i will not give UPS back one cent!!!!! I feel for my union brothers hitting the street, i really do, But i dont want them coming back to anything less than what we have right now. If we give it up now, there is a chance it will never come back.

Just so you know IF/WHEN UPS does another layoff. I will be on the street. Ill make due for my wife and 5 kids but (let me say this clearly)

I DONT WANT ANYONE GIVING UP ANYTHING FOR ME WHEN I GET LAID OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FULL PAY TILL THE LAST DAY

mrv

Well said 767mech. Thats exactly why our E-board failed its membership by accepting concessions and not having enough guts to say NO!!! BTW Darmento got us the best contract in Aviation history and the amatures we have now will send us to ruin.

PS- All false accusations against Darmento were proven wrong by the International.

unionman

Well said 767mech. Thats exactly why our E-board failed its membership by accepting concessions and not having enough guts to say NO!!! BTW Darmento got us the best contract in Aviation history and the amatures we have now will send us to ruin.

PS- All false accusations against Darmento were proven wrong by the International.
Y ou know nothing about the real fight AMT's have been in with corporate America. The Northwest mechanics are the real reason that your A scale wages are descent. Darmento, from what I have heard is an arrogant New Yorker with a bad additude towards UPS and his fellow mechanics. Besides this contract has some of the weakest language I have ever seen and thats why the company can walk over us at will.

airbusfxr

Combine or Darmento is not the question, its the MOU handed out by the sups for us to give back to help the company pay for aircraft maintenance. Darmento did deliver the best ever contract and Combine hasnt delivered anything but layoffs, terminations, concessions and NO contract.

ups767mech

Combine or Darmento is not the question, its the MOU handed out by the sups for us to give back to help the company pay for aircraft maintenance. Darmento did deliver the best ever contract and Combine hasnt delivered anything but layoffs, terminations, concessions and NO contract.

You're right combine or darmento doesnt matter. Although this is darmento's "industry leading contract" that is getting guys laid off and back log of over 1500 greivances.

unionman

The MOU is a direct result of members asking our current E board to do it because the pilots seem to care enough about there union brothers to take some time off to save there lower seniority pilots jobs. You on the other hand want to make it seem like our E board is weak and giving in to the company and it seems all you care about is your money that UPS owes you. Stop pretending that you would actually help your union brother if the company wasn't benefiting from it, nobody is buying it, we all know you only care about you.

mrv

Hey UNIONMAN!! You want to job share? Better yet why don't we all go part time. Work Ot at straight pay. Give back vacation time! How about a 30% pay cut for everyone? Im sure UPS will resend all the layoffs and maybe add some folks if we would just step up and help them out during these hard times. Like you said its not about the pay or the working conditions or the contract, its about helping each other out.SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE UNIONMAN!

unionman

Hey UNIONMAN!! You want to job share? Better yet why don't we all go part time. Work Ot at straight pay. Give back vacation time! How about a 30% pay cut for everyone? Im sure UPS will resend all the layoffs and maybe add some folks if we would just step up and help them out during these hard times. Like you said its not about the pay or the working conditions or the contract, its about helping each other out.SPOKEN LIKE A TRUE UNIONMAN!
I am volunteering to take some time off. Our contract is a seperate issue for me.