move me

whome

if im not fast enough for the preloader postion will they try to move me somewhere else before they let me go? ive been falling behind so to make time up i load my trucks really ****ty. its only a matter of time bf the drivers hate me if they already dont.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are unable to keep up they may move you to the unload.

Why don't you make it a personal challenge to become the best preloader in your building? Talk to the more experienced preloaders and ask them for suggestions on how you can improve. You don't say how long you have been preloading so if I had to guess I would say less than a month. It takes time to be a good preloader.

packageguy

If you did not gain seniority, They will tell you have a nice day. If you made seniority they will put you in trailors. My guess is you did not make seniority. ,

Macbrother

It's unlikely they'll move you to unload, at least in our center that is a coveted position that mostly goes to the higher seniority personnel. Same level of physical work, however when the sole thing you have to worry about is showing up on time (as opposed to misloads, load sequence/quality/being overwhelmed) it's mentally a lot easier. That said, there are exceptions.

How's your misload count? What's your overall package count and how many trucks do you load? Some numbers (i.e., 1100-1200+) are simply unreasonable and almost no one can keep up.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a preloader who was having misload issues and he was moved to the unload. The problem was he loaded 3 cars, 1 city route and 2 an hour from the center, and the misloads were normally for the cars an hour from the center. The sups got tired of having to run these off so they moved him to the unload. My new loader is much better and the misloads have gone way down.

if im not fast enough for the preloader postion will they try to move me somewhere else before they let me go? ive been falling behind so to make time up i load my trucks really ****ty. its only a matter of time bf the drivers hate me if they already dont.
I hope they just let you go. You seem high maintenance and a pain in the ass.

H

htown0721

I use to work preload, my advice is to focus on load quality rather than speed. The speed will come as you get used to the work but it is far better to have the drivers on your side then to load like crap and slow and have both management and your drivers hate you. Also, with Christmas coming some drivers will take care of you (give you money) if you take care of them.

CAFAL

When the flow is unbearable,take a breath. Stay focused. Have a plan of attack. Bust that ***** out. You need a method. Stack the bulk, load the stops. It's all about planning. Rule the flow, don't let it rule you. It's only as bad as you let it get. I learned how to load by one driver that used to scream at me for having one box out of sync. Communicate w them. Ask questions. Do it how they need it. Pas isn't accurate.

laffter

If you are unable to keep up they may move you to the unload.

While I have never unloaded during preload, I have heard that (at my center) this is a very fast paced and terrible position.

While working twilight, I was talking to someone who unloads during that shift. A couple weeks ago when we had temperatures of 108, it was still about 95 degrees at 4AM. He was telling me that they had unloaders passing out and/or throwing up because of the heat, and how hard they are pushed. He told me that sups will actually get into the trailers and yell at people that are going too slow.

If what he told me has any truth to it, unloading is far more harsh than loading package cars.

laffter

Im doing like 1050 for three trucks. Yesterday i had 3 missloads

Today I had about 1030 for three.

Anything over 900 is going to be tough for a new hire.

You should always inquire about what type of misloads they were, if you care to know. Whether it's a straight misload where you put the wrong package on the wrong car and there were no issues with the labels, or if it had an "out of sync" PAL, a bad PAL, etc.

JAPRM

Im doing like 1050 for three trucks. Yesterday i had 3 missloads

Today I had about 1030 for three.

Anything over 900 is going to be tough for a new hire.

You should always inquire about what type of misloads they were, if you care to know. Whether it's a straight misload where you put the wrong package on the wrong car and there were no issues with the labels, or if it had an "out of sync" PAL, a bad PAL, etc.
You guys have it easy, today I had a 5 truck pull, with 1,300+ packages. I've gotten so used to these
ridiculous load counts that anything from 1,100 packages and down I see as an easy day. Lol.

Macbrother

You guys have it easy, today I had a 5 truck pull, with 1,300+ packages. I've gotten so used to these
ridiculous load counts that anything from 1,100 packages and down I see as an easy day. Lol.
Do you pull your packages straight off the belt or do you have one of those systems with the cages and whatnot? I've only seen numbers 1300+ deep into peak.

HomeDelivery

Nevertheless, thank you for trying to keep up with the high amount of boxes cramming down your throats...

Eventhough i am purple/green, I have a younger brother that works in a brown warehouse & i tried it as well for a summer before I moved on to becoming a courier/driver/ non-employee of FedEx...

I don't mind that in my division, we load/micro-sort our own vehicles before we head out to our service areas. I think of it as a morning workout before I goto the bathroom to swith out my dusty t-shirt and into the polyester purple/green uniform shirt...:imok:

that leads me to the following question: are there any small UPS terminals/ barns that sort/load their own vehicles before driving out? smaller than Upstate's barn?

menotyou

bella amicizia
Nevertheless, thank you for trying to keep up with the high amount of boxes cramming down your throats...

Eventhough i am purple/green, I have a younger brother that works in a brown warehouse & i tried it as well for a summer before I moved on to becoming a courier/driver/ non-employee of FedEx...

I don't mind that in my division, we load/micro-sort our own vehicles before we head out to our service areas. I think of it as a morning workout before I goto the bathroom to swith out my dusty t-shirt and into the polyester purple/green uniform shirt...:imok:

that leads me to the following question: are there any small UPS terminals/ barns that sort/load their own vehicles before driving out? smaller than Upstate's barn?
My barn is smaller than Upstate's barn and we have a preload to load our trucks.