Move your money?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by cheryl, Dec 31, 2009.

1. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

MOVE YOUR MONEY

2. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

I stopped using local banks basically because they all kept being bought out by the big national banks. The last one was George Mason Bank, which was bought by United Bank in 1997. Since then I've used a small credit union and have been very satisfied.

3. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

4. wkmac

wkmac Well-Known Member

My wife and I have been talking about going that route as well!

5. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

All banks, gigantic or small, hate Credit Unions.
    I have a friend that is CEO/President of a local bank and he is always complaining about the advantages that Credit Unions have over Banks.

As a customer, it seems that have better service and are less expensive. Of course, I don't tell him that. I say it sounds sort of like UPS and the Post Office ... not a level playing field, and let it go.

6. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

Credit union members have more of a sense of ownership in their credit union whereas most bank customers feel like they are simply a number. I have gone through three different takeovers of the same bank (Charter One was bought by Citizens which then sold some branches to Community Bank) and at no time during this process were my needs and wants taken in to account. I was simply a number.

I think it may be time to look in to one of our local credit unions.

7. Bad Gas!

Bad Gas! Active Member

Get both...It always good to have a credit union account..more competitive rates on car loans...etc..

8. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

This is a very interesting discussion, and not just "sentimental hogwash".:wink2:

9. MC4YOU2

MC4YOU2 Yep, not wearing brown anymore

Wife and I use 2 local credit unions for everything. Very happy.