Move your money?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I stopped using local banks basically because they all kept being bought out by the big national banks. The last one was George Mason Bank, which was bought by United Bank in 1997. Since then I've used a small credit union and have been very satisfied.

wkmac

I stopped using local banks basically because they all kept being bought out by the big national banks. The last one was George Mason Bank, which was bought by United Bank in 1997. Since then I've used a small credit union and have been very satisfied.

My wife and I have been talking about going that route as well!

Catatonic

Nine Lives

All banks, gigantic or small, hate Credit Unions.
I have a friend that is CEO/President of a local bank and he is always complaining about the advantages that Credit Unions have over Banks.

As a customer, it seems that have better service and are less expensive. Of course, I don't tell him that. I say it sounds sort of like UPS and the Post Office ... not a level playing field, and let it go.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Credit union members have more of a sense of ownership in their credit union whereas most bank customers feel like they are simply a number. I have gone through three different takeovers of the same bank (Charter One was bought by Citizens which then sold some branches to Community Bank) and at no time during this process were my needs and wants taken in to account. I was simply a number.

I think it may be time to look in to one of our local credit unions.