Moved from driver to 22.3

DUdu Brown

After many years of driving and with management hanging our jobs over our heads, daily over dispatch and with the implementation of Orion i decided enough was enough. Not to mention my body thanks me, I don't have a sore back heading home everyday, heck after being a driver the hub work seems like a walk in the park, on rainy days i stay dry, on hot days i don't break a sweat and no more getting stung by the hidden wasp nest under the porch and best of all no more forced unwanted overtime. Yes a small pay cut but I feel the time I now have to spend with the fam was more then worth it.

Last edited:

DUdu Brown

After not working for 5 years the wife just started back working a $25/hr job about 3 months ago so the few dollar an hour pay loss is seen but not felt

Last edited:

Knothead

Yep.
After many years of driving and with management hanging our jobs over our heads, daily over dispatch and with the implementation of Orion i decided enough was enough. Not to mention my body thanks me, I don't have a sore back heading home everyday, heck after being a driver the hub work seems like a walk in the park, and no more forced unwanted overtime. Yes a small pay cut but I feel the time I now have to spend with the fam was more then worth it.
Drivers in my building have been leaving package for 22.3 jobs in droves. There are upwards of 20 new 22.3 jobs that just opened up and the HR ladies are so confused why so many drivers would leave a "great job" with "awesome pay" for a job that involves a pay cut and almost no overtime. They are so out of touch with the reality of a package driver's job.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
we are seeing 5 to 10 year drivers take combo jobs. that used to be unheard of. anyone who is smart enough to get out of package is jumping at the chance.

Foamer Pyle

I am considering taking the next 22.3 job that opens up, but for me, that would be a $1200 per month pay cut. I do not consider that a couple bucks less per hour. The pay difference is almost 5 bucks an hour. However, if you will not miss that money, that is the best gig in town.

DOK

Drivers in my building have been leaving package for 22.3 jobs in droves. There are upwards of 20 new 22.3 jobs that just opened up and the HR ladies are so confused why so many drivers would leave a "great job" with "awesome pay" for a job that involves a pay cut and almost no overtime. They are so out of touch with the reality of a package driver's job.
What part of the country are they creating 22.3's? Seems like they're always trying to move our very few to another building literally 1,000 miles away or cut them altogether.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
im allmost at 30 yrs and still dont have the seniority to get a combo,, $#@$#@@#@$ high seniority jerks need to retire