movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Today I watched 'Drag Me To Hell' for about the 5th or 6th time. That is one of the spookiest movies.....it just doesn't seem to let up on the scariness. Once the girl get the gypsy curse, she is just besieged by weird happenings.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sicario
"An idealistic FBI agent is enlisted by a government task force to aid in the escalating war against drugs at the border area between the U.S. And Mexico."

"When drug violence worsens on the USA Mexico border, the FBI sends an idealistic agent, Kate Macer (Emily Blunt) on a mission to eradicate a drug cartel responsible for a bomb that had killed members of her team."

I fell asleep during the first third. It was action filled in the parts I saw.

BrownArmy

Re: the Oscar nominations........

Maybe 'Straight Out Of Compton' was a crappy movie and that's why it's not nominated for best picture.

It was a great movie.

What makes no sense to me is that the Academy voters don't need to see whatever movie they nominate.

They're voting on movies they might not have seen.

White, black, asian, whatever, if you can nominate movies for the Oscars without having watched the movie, that seems daft.

moreluck

golden ticket member
It was a great movie.

What makes no sense to me is that the Academy voters don't need to see whatever movie they nominate.

They're voting on movies they might not have seen.

White, black, asian, whatever, if you can nominate movies for the Oscars without having watched the movie, that seems daft.
Each of the films , once nominated, are sent to all the voting members of the academy in tapes or now dvd's to be watched in the privacy of their home. The only reason I know this is because my daughter was doing the landscape in a yard near where Richard Chamberlain lived on Oahu. When she used the trash can, there were discarded (then tapes) of all the movies nominated for best picture addressed to Richard Chamberlain . Printing was across the tapes something like....for your consideration.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Channel Surfing at 2:00 a.m. and came across Legally Blonde just beginning. Two hours later, I was thoroughly enjoying the movie and loving Reese's performance. It was before she got the Hollywood Swelled Head Syndrome....(HSHS).
I still like the UPS guy sequence. It was a good rom-com.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched 'The Visit" by M. Night Shamlamadingdong.
That guy is weird!! Weirder than Stephen King.

"Two children are sent to their grandparents house to spend a week with their grandparents while their single mom goes on a relaxing vacation with her boyfriend. One of the kids, Becca, decides to film a documentary about her grandparents in order to help her mom reconnect with her parents and also find out some things about her parents as well. While filming the documentary, however, Becca and her little brother, Tyler, discover a dark secret about their grandparents

It was rated 6.2 out of 10. I would give it 4.9 out of 10.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We just watched "No Escape" with Owen Wilson..........tense, tense and more tense!!

"When Jack (Owen Wilson) finds an opportunity to move to Southeast Asia to head his water manufacturing company's new plant there, he immediately jumps at the opportunity and moves his family there. When they get there; they seem to be having problems, the electronics don't work and rarely any cars are seen in the streets. When he goes to the market the next morning, he finds himself caught in the middle of a violent rebellion headed by armed rebels executing foreigners. Jack must get back to the hotel and with the help of a mysterious British "tourist" (Pierce Brosnan), must get his family to the American Embassy in the midst of the chaos." (from IMDB)

I would give it a 7.3 out of 10.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched 'Tremors 5' last night. When you've seen them all, you kind of feel obligated to see the new ones. There's a new one at the theaters right now and we'll wait 'til it comes to RedBox.
It was silly with the ass-blaster monsters.....they fart to take off. I'm sure Michael Gross is laughing all the way to the bank!

"The giant, man-eating Graboids are back and even deadlier than before, terrorizing the inhabitants of a South African wildlife reserve as they attack from below-and above." (imdb)