movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented & watched "Spotlight". Excellent movie and quite astounding when you know its based on facts.

"When the Boston Globe's tenacious "Spotlight" team of reporters delves into allegations of abuse in the Catholic Church, their year-long investigation uncovers a decades-long cover-up at the highest levels of Boston's religious, legal, and government establishment, touching off a wave of revelations around the world. "

Great cast.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented "Daddy's Home".. Cute movie with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlburg.

"Stepdad, Brad Whitaker,(Ferrell) is a radio host trying to get his stepchildren to love him and call him Dad. But his plans turn upside down when the biological father, Dusty Mayron, returns."

It had its funny parts.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented & watched "Hot Pursuit". It was rated 5.1 on a scale of 10. I would give it a 6.5.
You can really see how tiny Reese Witherspoon is when she is standing beside Sophia Vergara (va-va-voom)
It was entertaining compared to the scheduled stuff on TV.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just finished watching American Gigolo.....36 year-old movie. I had forgotten a lot of it. What's weird is that Richard Gere was suppose to be so sexy in this film, but he wore his pants way too high!! Like "old man" high.
Also, the dentally challenged Lauren Hutton is not very sexy looking. Bo Derek would've been better.
It was funny to see the undeveloped parts of Hollywood.......there were views of orange groves.....non
existent today.

rod

Retired 22 years
We just watched The Revenant. I won't need to see snow of feel freezing air for at least 10 years. Good movie.

My wife didn't like the Revenant one bit. I thought it was great. We have way different tastes when it comes to movies but considering I'm the one who gets them out of Red Box she usually watches mine. We did watch Joy the other night and for a "feel good" movie it was pretty good.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched 2 movies yesterday. "Joy" was like the "Rudy" of girldom. I totally enjoyed it.

The Hoarder was a low budget horror flick.....not as bad as the 4.5 out of 10 rating that it received....but weird.

moreluck

golden ticket member
If you saw 13 Hours, then you will know how I picture Obama. He would be that curly-haired white guy who acted like he was in charge, but crapped his pants when faced with a decision.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched 2 more. Regression was stupid.......Flight 7500 was a cheap make of an airline spooky movie. Both were better than what was on television.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Last night we watched Bad Grandpa. OMG! That's the most I've heard the "friend" word spoken in a short period of time.
Some of the lines are spoken so fast that we had to turn the volume up and a coupe times we had to rewind to hear what was said.
Funny lines, some disgusting lines, but still funny. Hey it was free to rent and I got some laughs.
The pink Mini Cooper is a riot...

oldngray

nowhere special
Last night we watched Bad Grandpa. OMG! That's the most I've heard the "friend" word spoken in a short period of time.
Some of the lines are spoken so fast that we had to turn the volume up and a coupe times we had to rewind to hear what was said.
Funny lines, some disgusting lines, but still funny. Hey it was free to rent and I got some laughs.
The pink Mini Cooper is a riot...

That movie is extremely tasteless but still funny.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
the pursuit of happyness on netflix with will smith. what i like about it is that the main character never blamed anyone else for his problems. he just kept moving forward.

true story. just found the book yesterday at a thrift store.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Kindergarten Cop 2........bad, bad, bad!! Whoever was in charge of casting made a big mistake casting Dolph Lundgren....he's a total misfit for that part. Dolph line dancing....c'mon!!
He's not personable.

oldngray

nowhere special
Kindergarten Cop 2........bad, bad, bad!! Whoever was in charge of casting made a big mistake casting Dolph Lundgren....he's a total misfit for that part. Dolph line dancing....c'mon!!
He's not personable.

I didn't know they ever made a sequel. It must have had a deservedly short shelf life. Arnold is far from a great actor but at least he can act. Dolph can't do much more than stand around and look mean.