movie review

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just finished watching "Zodiac". It was a factual movie about the Zodiac serial killer. I happen to like movies about serial killers......like the Ted Bundy one and Helter Skelter.

This movie had a stabbing scene that was disturbing.....like the shower scene from Psycho was disturbing. I don't know if it was the sound effects or the angle of filming, but it was the most real looking thing I've ever seen.

It's a very long movie and almost documentary-like. With all the evidence explained, I am convinced the Zodiac killer was finally known, but died of a massive heart attack before anyone could get him.

area43

Just finished watching "Zodiac". It was a factual movie about the Zodiac serial killer. I happen to like movies about serial killers......like the Ted Bundy one and Helter Skelter.

This movie had a stabbing scene that was disturbing.....like the shower scene from Psycho was disturbing. I don't know if it was the sound effects or the angle of filming, but it was the most real looking thing I've ever seen.

It's a very long movie and almost documentary-like. With all the evidence explained, I am convinced the Zodiac killer was finally known, but died of a massive heart attack before anyone could get him.

Hey, More went and saw Mr. Brooks starring Kevin Costner. He plays a serial killer. A little long. Lots of twist and turns. I think you'll like it. I believe it starts out well, than it gets alittle weird. LOL

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We watched Zodiac last weekend. It did go a little too long, but overall I liked it. It had a few really violent scenes but most of the movie was spent following the unlikely cartoonist that eventually "solved" the case. Tony fell asleep half way through Zodiac.

Last night we watched 300. I had heard lots of good things about the story and the graphics it but to me it just seemed like a violent video game with too much computer generated blood spatter. I wouldn't recommend it, Tony liked it.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We went to see the Simpson's movie today :thumbup1:

I really enjoyed the movie. It was typical Simpsons full of the same kind of one liners. The audience in the theater seemed to like it too, there was lots of laughter and even a little applause at the end.

FYI: I'm a fan of the show so my opinion is biased. If you don't like the tv show you won't like the movie.

DS

Fenderbender
We just watched 1408...I've read every book in the library and some I bought about ghosts and paranormal activity ,and this movie went about 3 steps too far as far as credibility goes.The acting was equal to the script but in my opinion it was laughable at times.The simpsons movie is probobly scarier.

area43

Tony fell asleep half way through Zodiac.

Hi Cheryl, before I start I just have to ask you one question. How do you fit in that box(avatar pic)? LOL Curious, are there any openings for a moderator? Since my time in lock down(jonfrum thread) is about up, I thought it might be a good job, to keep my thoughts occupied. Cheryl, would you please keep me in mind(light hearted, LOL). Anyhow, about the other day, no hard feelings, huh. It was all in fun. ( : Cheryl I just couldn't pass that one up. Remember, Jon diagnosed me with a mental illness. I blame it on the meds. LOL Oh, by the way I have a one more question. The date Feb 25, 2007(cent rep com) is that some special day between you and cent, like anniversary, perphaps. Possible computer glitch. I hate when that happens. LOL Cheryl, in all seriousness your great. ( : ( :

Ok, Cheryl even though Im in lock down, I still feel I can contribute. In concerning Tony's low energy or lack there of I believe I have a diagnosis to his condition. Tony has a rare case, knows as the "OSI's complex" please refer to my in depth research on this particular matter. Found in the current events forum, my thread on "Tips and helpful ways" permalink #1 and #27. There is no cure at the present. Tony, don't feel down(remember Cheryl, low energy, here) I also was diagnosed with the same condition. So Tony, you do have a shoulder to lean on if needed . Im here to help and so is Cheryl.

Ok Cheryl, its going to be a long tuff road to recovery. You have my personal message address so feel free any time to mess me. Remember, Im still in lock down, so don't worry if I can't respond right away. I will get back with you, ASAP. My only advice to you is keep Tony eating "Meatballs". Great source of protien and nutrition. By the way, I installed a smell software on my computer and those meatballs smelled great, Yummy(I also plan to install the taste software later on). The whole ward at the hosiptal went nuts, literally. We all want Tony as a cook(profile pic) here at the State Mental Hospital. Maybe will go on a hunger strike. Picket signs, " We want Tony's meat balls". LOL ( :

In closing, so go grab yourself a movie. Have Tony cook you up a big bowl of meatballs and enjoy. It sure beats that unhealthy popcorn, all that butter and grease. mentally yours, area 43

area43

Ok Cafers, what is happening here. More, has everyone stopped watching movies. Haven't seen no reviews lately. Hmmmm, maybe its that fitness craze thats been going around. People! get back on your butts and start watching some movies. Come to think of it we are on our butts in front of this darn computer screen. LOL

Ok, the wife and I went and saw "I now pronounce you Chuck and Larry". I believe my friend Hoser has seen it also. I would like to know his take on it. I myself, again thought it was to long. Yes, it was funny, but how many ways can you make gay funny jokes or scenes. Side note, I believe the writers of some of these movies get carried away. What I mean by this is that they get on a creativity roll and don't know when to stop. Example, Oh! I just thought of something else funny, lets just squeeze it in there. Next thing you have is a long 2 hr plus movie. Just my opinion, folks. Hey, Dudes for a gay flick it sure has a lot of hot looking babes, right Hose and what about that mail man. RO(the theatre)FL LMAO.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented "The Lookout". I hadn't heard anything about this movie, but the description on the DVD case used words like....gripping, edge of your seat, thrilling, a twist you won't believe....

It was none of these.

This movie had a basic story that could have been done in 30 mins. and it would've been OK. Hubby fell asleep during it and I just kept waiting & waiting for it to end..... and I never once gripped, held the edge of my seat or was thrilled.

area43

Rented the movie "RV" with Robin Williams. I enjoy Robin's quick wit, but in this movie his humor seemed dry. It might have been just me. Anyhow, I give it a 7.

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented "Slow Burn"........It should've been titled Slow Bore. I loved Ray Liotta in Goodfellows, but lately, he stinks!

Also watched " Blades of Glory"....of course it was silly with Will Ferrell, but I laughed a few times. It's worth the rental fee.

area43

I saw "The 300" over the weekend.
How many times do you wanna see blood explode from a body?
I rate it 5.

9/5 good observation. I did not like the computer imagery, scene back drop. All fake. Also, I got a kick out of the fact as they were leaving to go fight the battle all they had on was their loin cloth, spear or sword, shield and cape. Where was the logistical supply train, so to speak. What does a army run off of? Dirt and Rocks. Thats Hollywood, Folks. I guess they couldn't afford the extra's. Darn! over priced Hollywood studios union laborers. ( :

over9five

Staff member
"...all they had on was their loin cloth, spear or sword, shield and cape."

Exactly, Area43, I thought the same thing. What are they going to eat???

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched Sideways again....Thomas Haden Church, Paul Giamati, Sandra Oh and Virginia Madsen......just a really good movie. I like seeing the places they drive by....it's the places I've gone to also.

Just a good date night movie.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
We went to see Super Bad, it was our 20 year old daughter's idea...

That movie is really funny, in a super crude way. If you don't mind lots of really bad language and can tolerate another coming of age movie storyline then you may really like this movie too. It reminded me of Fast Times at Ridgemont High, except with much more profane language...

I really liked it but I can't caution you enough about the crude humor. If you're offended by profanity or jokes about sex then you need to skip this one.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched "We Are Marshall". Very good. feel good movie. Of course I could look at Matthew Mc. all day.....except this is a 1970's period and his plaid suits are too funny.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched "Even Money". It was a big ensemble cast trying to accomplish what "Crash" did a few years back. They didn't make it. The movie is just okay.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just finished watching "You Kill Me"......with Tea Leoni, Ben Kingsley, Bill Pullman & Luke Wilson. Very Quirky movie, but I liked it. Lots of AA meetings in it and the Serenity Prayer was totally turned upside down....wish I could remember how they said it, but I was laughing too hard.

Ben Kingsley plays a hit man who is too drunk to do his job properly. He does AA so he can get sober and kill folks again.....he lets this be known at an AA meeting.......do they really want him well , after hearing that???

If you like "quirky", you'll like this movie.