movie review

wkmac

This thread could also work in Life After Brown but this is cool!

Saw Underworld, Rise of the Lycans when it came out. Of the 3 in this series I thought Rise was the best. The political/societal overtones were very direct in your face verses the subtle of the first 2 but the entire story was wrapped around a tragic love story of lovers from 2 different worlds. If you are familar with the series, Lucian is seen the hero and freedom fighter. Very bloody fight scenes so I'd warn you of that.

On a chick flik note, in 2000' a movie called Chocolat came out which also stared Johnny Depp among some bigger European names. I saw it for the first time about a year ago and enjoyed it very much. An enjoyable story but also a good lesson in small scale about people and how they work and think. And if you like Chocolate!
:happy-very:

I meant to say "work in the current events thread". Still works anyway.

c ya!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We watched Marley & Me last night.....cry, cry, bawl, bawl. I had read the book and wanted to see the movie. It was good for all ages.IMO

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Did they shoot Old Yeller?
Thanks Rod, now I have coffee all over my screen :happy-very:
Mac, I saw the first Underworld flick on it's opening weekend and I thought it was pretty bad, which is a shame because it was such a cool story idea (vampires vs werewolves). I haven't seen the next two in the series but I've always wondered if they managed to do a better job because I still find the whole premise intriguing and fairly original.
I did watch what I thought was an excellent vampire movie this past friday, Let the Right One In. Just released on Netflix. There's a Trailer if you're curious.
I finally put V for Vendetta on my list, I'll let you know what I think.

I agree that Pirates 3 was a disappointment, The first one was the best. I haven't seen Taken yet, but we're big Liam Neeson fans in the Jones household so I'm sure we'll get around to it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Watched Body of Lies last night with DiCaprio / Crowe. I thought it was good, but you have to pay close attention or you'll get lost.

It was filmed in D.C. & Morocco......very desolate country made to look like Jordan and Iraq.(Morocco , that is)

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Watched Body of Lies last night with DiCaprio / Crowe. I thought it was good, but you have to pay close attention or you'll get lost.

It was filmed in D.C. & Morocco......very desolate country made to look like Jordan and Iraq.(Morocco , that is)
I thought that looked good, thanks for reminding me about it. It's going on my netflix list right now. Also added The Wrestler, which was just released on dvd. Still waiting on Gran Torino.

jennie

I just watched the Curious Case of Benjamin Button, OMG so good, cried, its LONG, but worth watching. Oh, and on HBO, that Grey Gardens with Drew Barrymore, wow, awesome, true story too!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I was off on Wednesday nursing my ankle and went to go see "The Soloist". It was very good but if you saw the trailer you pretty much saw the movie. Not a huge Star Trek fan but I may have to go check it out on Sunday as it is supposed to be cool and rainy and Mother's Day is not much of a holiday for me (personal--please don't ask about it--thanks).

Tonight is Game 3 Celtics/Magic.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I was off on Wednesday nursing my ankle and went to go see "The Soloist". It was very good but if you saw the trailer you pretty much saw the movie. Not a huge Star Trek fan but I may have to go check it out on Sunday as it is supposed to be cool and rainy and Mother's Day is not much of a holiday for me (personal--please don't ask about it--thanks).

Tonight is Game 3 Celtics/Magic.
Upstate, sounds like going to see Star Trek would be the perfect diversion for you. Take your mind off things. Hope you enjoy it and since you aren't a 'trekkie' please give me a review. I am truly anticipating seeing it. I loved all the movies and have been waiting for this one. If I get a rave review from an 'outsider' then I know the wait will have been worth it. If it is an ok review, then it will still be good. :wink2:

PS, I am sorry that Mother's Day is a bad day for you.

over9five

Staff member
Over,,, is this a movie I could take my 8 year old to?... I am going but just wanted to know if this is one young ones would like?

Not sure. This is an INTENSE HIGH ACTION movie front to back. The "hero" is beaten and bloodied alot.
Been a while since I had an 8 year old....!

This one has a little more of a complicated story line.

That too.

Upstate, sounds like going to see Star Trek would be the perfect diversion for you. Take your mind off things. Hope you enjoy it and since you aren't a 'trekkie' please give me a review. I am truly anticipating seeing it....

You do not have to be a Trekkie (or a Trekker, like me) to see and enjoy this movie. It stands alone (but there are many inside stuff you will hear the Trekkies laughing at!)