Movies That Make You Grateful

A

anonymous6

"Pursuit of Happyness"

"The River" w Mel Gibson

"Cinderella Man" especially the part about the kids going hungry and the power going off.

Our family went thru some real hard times in the early 80's when I was between jobs and we almost got kicked out of our apartment.

i was making the kids "pretend" bologna sandwiches. 2 pieces of bread with mustard and made a game of it by telling the kids to pretend that there was bologna in it.

I never forgot that. So these movies make me grateful for what we have now.

How about some others?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
"Pursuit of Happyness"

"The River" w Mel Gibson

"Cinderella Man" especially the part about the kids going hungry and the power going off.

Our family went thru some real hard times in the early 80's when I was between jobs and we almost got kicked out of our apartment.

i was making the kids "pretend" bologna sandwiches. 2 pieces of bread with mustard and made a game of it by telling the kids to pretend that there was bologna in it.

I never forgot that. So these movies make me grateful for what we have now.

How about some others?
Orang, Your pretend bologna reminds me of when my kids were young. We lived on a limited income and one of the things that was pretty cheap was beans. We ate alot of beans. One night when I was fixing beans yet again, my middle son started
whining about it. "were having beans again yada yada yada". It just so happened that that particular night the can of beans was turned upside down so I told him, 'nope tonight we are having upside down beans.' It worked, he quit whining about the beans and for along time after that he would ask, 'are we having upside down beans tonight?'. :happy2:

A

anonymous6

Orang, Your pretend bologna reminds me of when my kids were young. We lived on a limited income and one of the things that was pretty cheap was beans. We ate alot of beans. One night when I was fixing beans yet again, my middle son started
whining about it. "were having beans again yada yada yada". It just so happened that that particular night the can of beans was turned upside down so I told him, 'nope tonight we are having upside down beans.' It worked, he quit whining about the beans and for along time after that he would ask, 'are we having upside down beans tonight?'. :happy2:

that's hilarious!

another movie is at the end of "Saving Private Ryan" when the old Ryan asks if his wife if he had "been a good man?" and what Tom Hanks says to him before he dies.

I think about that a lot. Whether I appreciate what we have. Whether we appreciate the sacrifice that people and soldiers made for us .

have we "earned it?"

P

pickup

Gigli(that now classic film starting Benifer:Ben Affleck and Jennifer Lopez) ... I was so grateful when it ended. It was like hitting yourself over the head with a 2 by 4, it feels so good when you stop.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
that's hilarious!

another movie is at the end of "Saving Private Ryan" when the old Ryan asks if his wife if he had "been a good man?" and what Tom Hanks says to him before he dies.

I think about that a lot. Whether I appreciate what we have. Whether we appreciate the sacrifice that people and soldiers made for us .

have we "earned it?"

Perfect example.

The scene you reference is when I break down and cry.

Here is one movie for me.

The Bucket List.
Morgan Freeman explains how it is when you are dx'd with something awful. Then others find out and so on and so on, you spend more time taking care not to upset them and convincing them that you are okay with your illness, your short time to live, etc. It is so much easier not to open that can of worms.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
The Mighty.

A friendship between two boys. One boy is large and a slow learner and the other is smart yet unable to walk without assistance. They become one. Each appreciating what the other brings to the table and creating a bond based on values from King Arthur and the Knight of the Round Table.

Asking the question:
Who among us has not, at one time or another, felt like we didn't belong?