Moving down the ladder

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Unloader4life, May 14, 2015.

1. Unloader4life

Unloader4life New Member

I am a full time driver who wants to go to part time. Everyone is baffled by this. But it's what I want to do for personal reasons. (Finishing up school) However everyone tells me that the only way out is to quit. I would want to be a part time air driver, but it looks like I'm going to have to start fresh at the bottom again doing my specialty. (unloading) I wish it were easier to go from full to part but oh well. I took on being a driver expecting to only be seasonal but they offered me a full time position close to home so I just decided to jump on it. But now.. Anyways, how hard is it to become a part time air driver?

2. ArcherUTR

ArcherUTR Active Member

Couldn't HR hook you up as a new hire? Are you in a large hub?

What about transferring to a different hub/center?

3. DriverMD

DriverMD Active Member

From what I've heard from the hr guy, it's "up or out" at ups.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Mugarolla

Mugarolla Light 'em up!

You're a worse liar than you are a driver.

5. Stopher

Stopher Active Member

I was wondering th

6. SCV good to go sir.

SCV good to go sir. Active Member

From what I've been told, that's not possible. Going full time is like crossing the point of no return. I've been told that if you're cover that there's a way to go back to just being a hub worker, but I don't know if that's exclusive from failing probation.

I would want to be a part time air driver, but it looks like I'm going to have to start fresh at the bottom again doing my specialty.

If that's the option for you, I really don't see what the problem is. You're going back to school (presumably to leave UPS), just get another Saturday gig if all you care about is extra income.

7. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

I must say, I'm baffled.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List