Moving down the ladder

I am a full time driver who wants to go to part time. Everyone is baffled by this. But it's what I want to do for personal reasons. (Finishing up school) However everyone tells me that the only way out is to quit. I would want to be a part time air driver, but it looks like I'm going to have to start fresh at the bottom again doing my specialty. (unloading) I wish it were easier to go from full to part but oh well. I took on being a driver expecting to only be seasonal but they offered me a full time position close to home so I just decided to jump on it. But now.. Anyways, how hard is it to become a part time air driver?

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I am a full time driver who wants to go to part time. Everyone is baffled by this. But it's what I want to do for personal reasons. (Finishing up school) However everyone tells me that the only way out is to quit. I would want to be a part time air driver, but it looks like I'm going to have to start fresh at the bottom again doing my specialty. (unloading) I wish it were easier to go from full to part but oh well. I took on being a driver expecting to only be seasonal but they offered me a full time position close to home so I just decided to jump on it. But now.. Anyways, how hard is it to become a part time air driver?

You're a worse liar than you are a driver.

Stopher

I was wondering th
I am a full time driver who wants to go to part time. Everyone is baffled by this. But it's what I want to do for personal reasons. (Finishing up school) However everyone tells me that the only way out is to quit. I would want to be a part time air driver, but it looks like I'm going to have to start fresh at the bottom again doing my specialty. (unloading) I wish it were easier to go from full to part but oh well. I took on being a driver expecting to only be seasonal but they offered me a full time position close to home so I just decided to jump on it. But now.. Anyways, how hard is it to become a part time air driver?[/QUOTE I was wondering the same actually. How do I leave ft driving and go back to preload/unload? You would think it wouldn't be an issue with all the people wanting to go driving.

SCV good to go sir.

From what I've been told, that's not possible. Going full time is like crossing the point of no return. I've been told that if you're cover that there's a way to go back to just being a hub worker, but I don't know if that's exclusive from failing probation.

I would want to be a part time air driver, but it looks like I'm going to have to start fresh at the bottom again doing my specialty.

If that's the option for you, I really don't see what the problem is. You're going back to school (presumably to leave UPS), just get another Saturday gig if all you care about is extra income.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
I must say, I'm baffled.

giphy.gif