Moving threads

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I'm not getting huffy at all. When I moved them, I stated that I did it. You start a thread saying that I made a bad decision, I am just responding. Part of a moderators job is to move threads where they belong. If it is a labor or contract issue, then they belong in the Labor Forum. Normally, one thread gets moved at a time. I responded to a members comment, and moved about ten at once. I went down page one and started on page two. Sorry if I ruffled anybodies feathers, just doing my job. I gave up a long time ago on trying to please everybody, it just can't be done.

DS

Fenderbender
Don't get huffy on me, there, friend - just that they seemed to belong where they were more than where they were moved to.
Scratch was just doing his job bennie,he may have sounded huffy,but it came across as gruff to me.We like to try to keep posts in the right forum,sorry if you disagreed here but it was a good call IMHO.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I will admit that I may come across as huffy sometimes. Being in this business for thirty plus years, I have learned to be brisk and to the point at certain times. Its an old habit that I sometimes don't practice when on personal time.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Scratch was just doing his job bennie,he may have sounded huffy,but it came across as gruff to me.We like to try to keep posts in the right forum,sorry if you disagreed here but it was a good call IMHO.

Never paid much attention to the Labor Forum but after Slim Shady * was moved there I looked through some of the other posts in there and I agree with Scratch and DS. They were moved to the right place. The content and mental affect seem to fit better there.

I'll have to check out the Labor Forum more often now as I found Slim Shady very entertaining...just did not take him seriously.

* Eminem uses Slim Shady as a pseudonym and it seemed to fit Shady Tree. Wonder if part of Shady Tree's problem is that he hates his mother? ROFLMAO:funny:

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
Jesus H Christ in a hand car - I am so sorry I said anything. Scratch, I made a mistake, you da man, I da schlub, can we just erase this thread & pretend I never wrote it? I'm serious.

over9five

Staff member
It's too late, BB. You are now on the Moderator Hit List. (You're number 3, but keep it up and you'll make 1)

LOL, You know I'm kidding, right????

BigBrownSanta

If you click on New Posts, it won't matter which forum the thread was moved to. All threads that have had new posts will be shown with the latest thread first.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I will admit that I may come across as huffy sometimes. Being in this business for thirty plus years, I have learned to be brisk and to the point at certain times. Its an old habit that I sometimes don't practice when on personal time.

The people I work with call me an "Old Grouch". Doesn't bother me and I enjoy it. Sometimes I get huffy and grouchy just to have fun.
Got to find humor anywhere you can somedays. Even if nobody else sees it.:happy-very:

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Jesus H Christ in a hand car - I am so sorry I said anything. Scratch, I made a mistake, you da man, I da schlub, can we just erase this thread & pretend I never wrote it? I'm serious.

BBAG, I am not mad at anybody. I respect you and Helen a great bit. When you first joined BC, you came across differently in that you appreciated working for Brown, unlike a lot of others that just seem miserable. I found your recent thread about going to driving school quite interesting, I enjoy your input to this community. We all have our days, maybe this is one for me too. I don't mind if anybody disagrees with me, I am far from perfect.

At one time, all the labor, contract, and union issues were in the UPS Discussions Forum. In a way, it could be said that they are related and belong there. It got to where a lot of people would post the same topics over and over, so Cheryl created the Labor Forum. Some people like that decision, some people don't. The UPS Discussions Forum is the busiest one, my only intent was to clear it up a little and try to do a little housekeeping.

Leftinbuilding

You "forum police" do a good job. Labor issues belong in the labor forum. I guess I can't see what's so controversial about that. In the last couple of hours I had a thread moved to a more appropriate area. No problem. I simply wasn't thinking about placement. Anyway, life is pretty good if this is all we have to worry about.

SoyFish

BBaG I was the same way when I noticed threads got moved, until I realized they were union topics that I didn't really bother checking. :shrug: It's ok I guess as long as the moving doesn't get overdone.

dillweed

That scratch is just a bad egg all 'round. Due to the moving of those threads my panties are bunched up so tight I can hardly breathe. :happy-very: