Moving up in the world

Returntosender

If under 21? While working at UPS. Go to school get your bachelors. Then join the Air National Guard be a pilot. Once you get the required flight hours. Then apply in airline division in UPS become a pilot at UPS. Or join the Navy reserve then apply at UPS ocean freight. Stay away from small package division.

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
If under 21? While working at UPS. Go to school get your bachelors. Then join the Air National Guard be a pilot. Once you get the required flight hours. Then apply in airline division in UPS become a pilot at UPS. Or join the Navy reserve then apply at UPS ocean freight. Stay away from small package division.

Bad idea. You can't do both at once, he gotta give up ups and go into the air national guard. Also, being a pilot takes around 10 or more years. What person would do that who loves being in the civilian world?

BrownDooDoo

There's the coveted SPA position (guys scanning while you break your back and drip sweat through your clothes) and Data Analysis. I did DA one day because our regular took a personal day and that wasnt bad at all, no sweating lol.

What DA is, is figuring out what's wrong with a label when it won't scan. If you've ever sorted I'm sure you know what DA is. Basically, people sometimes put 1001 instead of 101. Sometimes the put the wrong zip code. Sometimes they misspell a street or something. It's the DA person's job to figure out what went wrong and fix it, printing out a new label and sending the package on it's way. I only did it one day, so it might get annoying and boring as hell, but for that one day it was like heaven. What I'm after until I can drive is either SPA person, or DA guy. Since those are 'hard' spots to get, I keep trying to get moved to one of the load belts lol. Havent even been at UPS 90 calendar days yet and I feel like it's really taking a toll on me!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Account Rep- You set up pick up accounts, making all kind of promises without talking to the driver to find out what time he/she picks up that area.

There's the coveted SPA position (guys scanning while you break your back and drip sweat through your clothes) and Data Analysis. I did DA one day because our regular took a personal day and that wasnt bad at all, no sweating lol.

What DA is, is figuring out what's wrong with a label when it won't scan. If you've ever sorted I'm sure you know what DA is. Basically, people sometimes put 1001 instead of 101. Sometimes the put the wrong zip code. Sometimes they misspell a street or something. It's the DA person's job to figure out what went wrong and fix it, printing out a new label and sending the package on it's way. I only did it one day, so it might get annoying and boring as hell, but for that one day it was like heaven. What I'm after until I can drive is either SPA person, or DA guy. Since those are 'hard' spots to get, I keep trying to get moved to one of the load belts lol. Havent even been at UPS 90 calendar days yet and I feel like it's really taking a toll on me!
Is that the same thing as DATACAP? A clerks job? A girl on the peload with 20 years,and drives Sat air was trying to get one of those jobs. Preload manager said no. Not a bid job. Work as directed. The harder you work the more work you get.

BrownDooDoo

Is that the same thing as DATACAP? A clerks job? A girl on the peload with 20 years,and drives Sat air was trying to get one of those jobs. Preload manager said no. Not a bid job. Work as directed. The harder you work the more work you get.

Not sure, haven't heard of DATACAP but I think it would be. But yeah, I always say I should have never shown that I can bust my ass. First week I was a tad slow unloading, but killed the sort. Now I get stuck back there but I told them it's too much and unsafe for a variety of reasons and go back less and less. But I can't help but think I'll never get to scan either.

I know how, I've already done it before lol. Everytime I get to picking up the scanner my SUP tells me to put it down and do something else. The same people scan every single day. In my opinion they should rotate everyone.

Unload>smalls>sort>scan and just repeat repeat. Would be more fair, and I think it would help employees be more productive rather than just busting ass every single day.

But hey what do I know.

If scanning isnt a bid in job why the hell can't I do it? I'm gonna start telling him no, YOU unload/put smalls on the belt and I'LL scan since you wanna do bargaining work every day!

haha wonder how he'd react

BrownSuit

CEO - The current one is getting to the point of retirement here, would not be surprised if it happens at the end of the year assuming a contract is actually signed.

Indecisi0n

I'm trying to work my way up to being a UPS janitor.

I figure I have more than enough experience dealing with the results of A******les all day so I should be a shoe in!