Moving up in the world

brostalss

Fix Bitch.

You take out a split car with a an ungodly amount of stops (mostly apartments) that are just thrown in the truck. The truck they give you is a total piece of crap. You get a message to break off and cover pick ups, do OCA's the route drivers don't want to do, and when you finally finish you get a message to help another driver who's been crying all day.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
We have a Manager who came from I.E. and he doesn't have a college degree.

Many don't, which is ironic since true industrial engineers possess primairly M.B.A., although some top colleges offer B.A. / B.S. in the field (rare).

Teamster has been quiet for a while. Must be making videos on how to do Preventive Maintenance on Honda Civics.

He hasn't been quiet. He started this thread, and another one (under the username davidmex). He's just using puppet accounts.

Cementups

Box Monkey
We have a Manager who came from I.E. and he doesn't have a college degree.

In my opinion the best bosses at this place are the ones that worked their way up the ranks and have experience. The worst ones are the pencil pushers who step out of college and only know how to read numbers on paper and wouldn't know reality if they stepped in it the farmer's field.

In my opinion the best bosses at this place are the ones that worked their way up the ranks and have experience. The worst ones are the pencil pushers who step out of college and only know how to read numbers on paper and wouldn't know reality if they stepped in it the farmer's field.
That's our problem. The bosses we have now have, only held a pencil or (something shaped like a pencil)..Not a package. Do as I say.....Because I cant do it myself!!...LOL

Nazzrath

I managed to work my way up to a bent over position. Basically, you just need to pull your cheeks apart and take it silently.

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder

In general I would agree with you, but it seems to me that I.E. would, at a minimum, require a college degree. You just don't develop the critical thinking skills necessary in High School. Sometimes those without the educational background have a chip on their shoulder against those who do, and are obstinate in their decision making process. What's worse than no degree is a fake college degree, like the ones they hand out at University of Phoenix.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
In general I would agree with you, but it seems to me that I.E. would, at a minimum, require a college degree. You just don't develop the critical thinking skills necessary in High School. Sometimes those without the educational background have a chip on their shoulder against those who do, and are obstinate in their decision making process. What's worse than no degree is a fake college degree, like the ones they hand out at University of Phoenix.

Industrial Engineering is typically a graduate level science (an M.B.A. program), although a handful of top-tier schools teach it as a concentration in business administration within a B.A./B.S. program.

We have 19-year-old PT supervisors who have worked within my building's (district's) IE department. I once got a good laugh out of a 22-year-old PT supervisor who had merely a GED telling me he was using his experience in IE to apply for "similar" jobs elsewhere, even though those jobs required a graduate degree. UPS convinces people they're more qualified than what they really are....

104Feeder

Phoenix Feeder
Industrial Engineering is typically a graduate level science (an M.B.A. program), although a handful of top-tier schools teach it as a concentration in business administration within a B.A./B.S. program.

We have 19-year-old PT supervisors who have worked within my building's (district's) IE department. I once got a good laugh out of a 22-year-old PT supervisor who had merely a GED telling me he was using his experience in IE to apply for "similar" jobs elsewhere, even though those jobs required a graduate degree. UPS convinces people they're more qualified than what they really are....

Oh that was probably an eye opener for him! UPS opens doors, but it certainly isn't a master key.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
When i grow up I want to be an Operations Manager.
Ours weighs about 350 pounds,wheezes when he breathes and has often been heard referring to drivers as over paid and under worked

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Ours weighs about 350 pounds,wheezes when he breathes and has often been heard referring to drivers as over paid and under worked

I just love it when the morbidly obese upper management that plagues our industry chimes in about a work ethic of any kind.

​Eating and complaining...they have it so hard! /tearshedding

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
He's just bitter because he has to shop for clothes at the tent store, and can't park his car inside the building...that walk from the parking lot is the closest thing in his life that resembles exercise.

bluehdmc

If under 21? While working at UPS. Go to school get your bachelors. Then join the Air National Guard be a pilot. Once you get the required flight hours. Then apply in airline division in UPS become a pilot at UPS. Or join the Navy reserve then apply at UPS ocean freight. Stay away from small package division.

Bad idea. You can't do both at once, he gotta give up ups and go into the air national guard. Also, being a pilot takes around 10 or more years. What person would do that who loves being in the civilian world?

I believe the employer has to hold his job while training for guard/reserves. I believe training/weekend reserve 2 weeks "summer camp" in reserves don't count against vacation times at UPS.

UPSGUY72

If under 21? While working at UPS. Go to school get your bachelors. Then join the Air National Guard be a pilot. Once you get the required flight hours. Then apply in airline division in UPS become a pilot at UPS. Or join the Navy reserve then apply at UPS ocean freight. Stay away from small package division.

You have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting picked for Air national Guard Flight school.

1. You need to have a 4 yr degree
2. Be no older than 30
3. Be able to pass a Flight Physical
4. Have previous flight experience ( already have a pilot license)
5. you going need a letter of recomendation from your senator or Rep.

After you pass those requirements

1. Pass the AFQOT Air Force Qualify Office Test
2. Pass TBAS Test of Basic Aviation Skills

After that they take you AFQOT score along with your TBAS score and the number of flight Hours you already have and come up with a score of how likely you are to pass flight training.

Then you have to apply to units the more the better. You ever watch Top Gun. The one thing that is true that comes out of that movie is that the competition is very fierce there are only a couple of position open at anytime.

After you send in your application you then wait and see if you even get a interview...

Your going to have to log Thousands of hours of flight time before UPS hires you and when they do your going to be the Co-pilot for a while.

Last edited:

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
Like many other aspects of the military, the Air National Guard is nothing more than a popularity contest.

But the average UPS FO earns in excess of $130,000; UPS is the highest-paying airline within the USA across all spectrums. Kinda hard to feel sorry for somebody "going to be a co-pilot [actually a FO] for awhile."

You have a better chance of winning the lottery than getting picked for Air national Guard Flight school.

1. You need to have a 4 yr degree
2. Be no older than 30
3. Be able to pass a Flight Physical
4. Have previous flight experience ( already have a pilot license)
5. you going need a letter of recomendation from your senator or Rep.

After you pass those requirements

1. Pass the AFQOT Air Force Qualify Office Test
2. Pass TBAS Test of Basic Aviation Skills

After that they take you AFQOT score along with your TBAS score and the number of flight Hours you already have and come up with a score of how likely you are to pass flight training.

Then you have to apply to units the more the better. You ever watch Top Gun. The one thing that is true that comes out of that movie is that the competition is very fierce there are only a couple of position open at anytime.

After you send in your application you then wait ans see if you even get a interview...

You going to have to log Thousands of hours of flight time before UPS hires you and when they do your going to be the Co-pilot for a while.