moving

Red Dawn

I'm in Texas, and have seen ups let part timers only transfer. But it has to be for school. one went to cal. OK. and mi. and one just came back. and my friend is looking to move to Washington state this summer. They were allowed to transfer but would keep company seniority for pay, vac, and insurance. But would restart center seniority.

the only full timer that I've seen was from new Orleans after the storm. I think he started with ups in the 80's but now his seniority is 2005.

barnyard

KTM rider
Personally, I am glad that UPS does not allow transfers. I would probably still be PT and I would imagine that a PT in the northwoods would never make FT.

TB

hate the northeast, fiancee is from austin texas, want to move oout there
If you're wanting to move only because of her, big mistake IMHO. If you truly hate the NE and are OK to leave friends and FAMILY behind, I say go for it regardless of UPS.
If you are fairly liberal minded(politically) you would probably love Austin. (that's where we try to hide all the crazies,lol) There is tons of stuff to do there, the weather is pretty mild in the winter, but hot and humid in the summer. Don't even think about spring and fall, they don't really exist in that part of Texas. There is music galore, a night life that will give you boundless options and the area is beautiful, lots of trees. Unless there is a squeeze on time, I suggest you wait till August and come down for a week or two of vaca(if you can) to see if the climate is suitable to you.

other than that, I don't have no opinion on it.

Red Dawn

If you're wanting to move only because of her, big mistake IMHO. If you truly hate the NE and are OK to leave friends and FAMILY behind, I say go for it regardless of UPS.
If you are fairly liberal minded(politically) you would probably love Austin. (that's where we try to hide all the crazies,lol) There is tons of stuff to do there, the weather is pretty mild in the winter, but hot and humid in the summer. Don't even think about spring and fall, they don't really exist in that part of Texas. There is music galore, a night life that will give you boundless options and the area is beautiful, lots of trees. Unless there is a squeeze on time, I suggest you wait till August and come down for a week or two of vaca(if you can) to see if the climate is suitable to you.

other than that, I don't have no opinion on it.

LOL AAAAH GOT TO LOVE THAT TX. WEATHER!! LAST WEEK IN THE UPPER 70'S AND LOW 80'S AND NOW THIS WEEK IN HIGH IN 40 AND LOW IN THE 30s.. NEXT WEEK GOING BACK UP. LIKE I ALWAYS SAY... IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE WEATHER HER TODAY...JUST GIVE IT A COUPLE OF DAYS. EXPECT SUMMER...ONCE IT GETS HOT.. IT STAYS HOT! :happy-very: