MR. FED EX

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Wow. Just wow. Is it hard to breathe with your head that far up?

MFE, you officially have a stalker.

He gets it, but he already "got it" before. If just one additional person comes to understand the way FedEx really works, that would make me happy. When are you going to figure it out?

ex fed exer

He knows the truth. Too bad others aren't smart enough to figure it out. Smith would be out of a job and behind bars where he belongs.

most people would not listen to you, even if you were trying to save their lives.

hence the name, ex fed exer. yes, i do know the truth. yet, nobody wants to hear it. when they do it will be to late.

bbsam

Staff member
most people would not listen to you, even if you were trying to save their lives.

hence the name, ex fed exer. yes, i do know the truth. yet, nobody wants to hear it. when they do it will be to late.

"And what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
We both have truths. Are mine the same as yours?"

vantexan

Have you ever dreamed you are a butterfly? Maybe you are a butterfly dreaming you are a human. Aah, Grasshopper, you have much to learn.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Have you ever dreamed you are a butterfly? Maybe you are a butterfly dreaming you are a human. Aah, Grasshopper, you have much to learn.

I'm a firm believer in the concept of multiple realities. "When you can snatch the pebble form my hand, it will be time for you to go" (Keye Luke in "Kung Fu"). Ever wonder why they couldn't find a Chinese actor to play David Carradine's role in "Kung Fu"? I know he was supposed to be half Caucasian/half Chinese, but the concept would have been more plausible if they'd used an Asian actor.

I know the truth of what ex fedexer speaks, and that is the great evil of the one they call Smith. He really is evil, and so is his company, because that's the way he designed it. When Fred enters Hell someday, I wonder if he'll get an extra warm room for being such a wonderful "businessman". He's ruined a lot of lives, and he walks the path of greed, not justice.

vantexan

I'm a firm believer in the concept of multiple realities. "When you can snatch the pebble form my hand, it will be time for you to go" (Keye Luke in "Kung Fu"). Ever wonder why they couldn't find a Chinese actor to play David Carradine's role in "Kung Fu"? I know he was supposed to be half Caucasian/half Chinese, but the concept would have been more plausible if they'd used an Asian actor.

Really sad the way David Carradine went out, considering he played one of the truly great tv characters. Is there anything on today like Kung Fu? And you know American audiences ate it up because he WAS half white. But I digress.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Really sad the way David Carradine went out, considering he played one of the truly great tv characters. Is there anything on today like Kung Fu? And you know American audiences ate it up because he WAS half white. But I digress.

That was pretty sad how he went out. I'm sure that his family would have much preferred to have kept it quiet.

mungrin

Banned
That was pretty sad how he went out. I'm sure that his family would have much preferred to have kept it quiet.
Whats even worse is that a few months before is death,he was on Celebrity Ghost Stories and talked a bout a ghost in his closet and a few months later they find him dead in his closet.Weird!

bbsam

Staff member
But the question posed two thousand years ago awaits an answer from every generation and every soul. What is Truth? I do not doubt that MFE remembers well a time when things were better for employees at Fedex. But my opposition to his and others' blatant hatred for Fred S and the company stems from one equally true fact: Being at Fedex Ground if far, far better than the cab company that I used to drive for. It even provided an opportunity that has me convinced that I am happier here than I ever would have been at UPS (though I don't regret my time there). The drivers who work for me have been with me for time periods of 2 to 8 years. Though each of them could provide a verse to the litany of complaints about Fedex, one truth stands above them all: we are all where we are because we believe it to be the best place we can be until we no longer believe that to be true and change either our surroundings or our perspective on our surroundings. Therefore, it is simple fact that "Truth" can have all manner of meaning depending on the individual. While it may be true that Fedex is not a dream job for all, it may also be just as true that it's not all bad and can be quite rewarding. One, of course, is free to choose one's focus. My focus began years ago with the simple realization that I don't "HAVE" to go to work, I "GET" to go to work. LOL. That's the kind of perspective one gets when the choice is between a "normal" life and "jails, institutions, and death."

vantexan

But my opposition to his and others' blatant hatred for Fred S and the company...

Do you equate pointing out negative aspects of our work as hatred? Pretty strong word, used before by Quadro to try and shut me down..."blind hatred.". Since you are the owner of a company who benefits from the work of others I don't believe you truly know what your employees feel, only what you hope they do. You've got to tell yourself you are doing ok by them if you are a decent fellow otherwise your conscience would bother you.

I have absolutely no problem with a mgr, an owner, anyone making more than I do. If they've created work for others, or accepted positions of responsibility then they should be rewarded for their efforts. My problem is with the degree of that reward. The company can pay Fred S 100 million a year as long as I get paid enough to have options in life. I like to be rewarded too. But acting like it's a privilege to work for a company while forcing people to accept less and less so that they can make more and more is where I have a problem. And putting me through the grinder for what they pay just magnifies the problem. So if it makes you feel good to think all is well go for it. Just please don't do like some here do and say things like "We'd all like to make more money" as if we're all in this together and my lifestyle on $17.09hr is no different than a topped out courier's.

I walked 3.2 miles to work today to save on gas. Was offered a ride home so got lucky there. I made up my mind this weekend: no more newspapers, books, magazines or movies. The only way I'll retire before 60 is major sacrifice. All that talk in the past about getting a decent pension or having a future I'd like with FedEx was apparently just joshing. After all, we'd all like more money, especially the company.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you equate pointing out negative aspects of our work as hatred? Pretty strong word, used before by Quadro to try and shut me down..."blind hatred.". Since you are the owner of a company who benefits from the work of others I don't believe you truly know what your employees feel, only what you hope they do. You've got to tell yourself you are doing ok by them if you are a decent fellow otherwise your conscience would bother you.

I have absolutely no problem with a mgr, an owner, anyone making more than I do. If they've created work for others, or accepted positions of responsibility then they should be rewarded for their efforts. My problem is with the degree of that reward. The company can pay Fred S 100 million a year as long as I get paid enough to have options in life. I like to be rewarded too. But acting like it's a privilege to work for a company while forcing people to accept less and less so that they can make more and more is where I have a problem. And putting me through the grinder for what they pay just magnifies the problem. So if it makes you feel good to think all is well go for it. Just please don't do like some here do and say things like "We'd all like to make more money" as if we're all in this together and my lifestyle on $17.09hr is no different than a topped out courier's.

I walked 3.2 miles to work today to save on gas. Was offered a ride home so got lucky there. I made up my mind this weekend: no more newspapers, books, magazines or movies. The only way I'll retire before 60 is major sacrifice. All that talk in the past about getting a decent pension or having a future I'd like with FedEx was apparently just joshing. After all, we'd all like more money, especially the company.

FedEx is a perfect example of a company that is driving it's employees out of the middle class. This is how the elite of this country stay that way...by keeping us poor. Libertarians and Free Market gurus love to say "anyone can succeed if they just try hard enough". That isn't true. If we were all millionaires, who would do the actual work required to generate profit? Someone has to, and they must be paid as little as possible in order for the rich to grow richer.

Fred received today's equivalent of a $24M inheritance. Think that's a head start, and that he has to play by the same rules as you and I do? No...he doesn't. It always amazes me that most of the people who advocate for Libertarianism and a Free Market system are the ones who end-up paying the price for it. And the market is anything but "free" when our political and legal systems are so easily manipulated and controlled by the elite.

Google the name Ravi Batra, an economist from SMU who predicted the 2008 crash and has many more interesting things to say, especially about the fallacy of the Free Market in this country. It's Fred, and the rest of the power elite that are hollowing-out the middle class in this country so they can grow ever richer. Eventually, the average consumer won't have the means to participate in the Free Market anyway, so all of those rich folks had better start buying the things we used to be able to buy with discretionary income.

Interesting that you mention magazines and other print media, many of which are dying, partly because of the Internet, but mainly because people are cutting-back to essentials. My Car and Driver subscription is down to less than a dollar an issue, as are many other magazines struggling to survive.

Eventually, enough people will understand enough to create change.

ex fed exer

excellent post vantexan #15 and mr fed ex #16

if the people did not go to work at fed ex, Fred S would be looking for a job.

again, mr fed ex has not posted an untruth on this board.

vantexan's post was equally as good.

bbsam

Staff member
No, van. Not trying to shut you or anyone else down. Don't even see how you get that impression from my post. Simply pointing out that I've had much, much worse jobs in my life and am happy where I am now. And no, I'm not the only one. In fact, I'm not so sure I'm in the minority on that one. So really just pointing out that while ex fed exer is in gleeful admiration of the truth that MFE and you are putting forth, it is not all encompassing truth. I do not care how much Fred makes. It has been 18 years since I worked for a company that offered a pension. I've spent the last 9 years shelling out close to $1000 per month for health insurance. So why am I not unhappy? I don't know. Maybe because my life simply does not feel like a set of disappointments and set backs. I may never be "rich" and life may be troubling at times but it's still a good life.

quadro

excellent post vantexan #15 and mr fed ex #16

if the people did not go to work at fed ex, Fred S would be looking for a job.

again, mr fed ex has not posted an untruth on this board.

vantexan's post was equally as good.
Yeah, that'll show 'em. Oh wait, now I'm looking for a job. Dang, I should've seen that coming.