MR. FED EX

vantexan

I said he and others would be scum IF THEY DON'T APPRECIATE THE SACRIFICES THEIR EMPLOYEES make so that THEY and their families have a better life. And what you are failing to see is that more and more people DON'T have a choice but to work for companies that have reduced pay and benefits because unions have been marginalized. Voting Democrat won't do anything but make it possible to sit on your butt while people who do work pay big taxes. We're damned if we do either way. So appreciate what we do every day, because if those who benefit from this sweet little system start thinking that they deserve everything they have because they are superior people then they are scum. They got what they have because people settled for less and kept plugging rather than taking to the streets in open rebellion.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The millionth time you've mentioned this. Do you not realize the awkwardness and self-interest to continually mention, almost daily, the same exact thing? :/

You (bbsam) say you're a Democrat, but you write like a Tea Party Libertarian and seem to have a similar value system when it comes to so-called "free market" capitalism. As longs as you get yours, everything is just dandy. My point is that "The Borg" (Express) runs Ground, and does it in a way that exploits employees (yes, I did say employees) by pretending that they aren't employees. Fred skims most of the cream off the top by having a low-wage/no benefits workforce, and then lets you have a little bit for yourself for playing along.

It's totally ironic (and wrong) to have drivers who qualify for food stamps working for a multi-billion dollar company that says it's a "people" organization. Right... This is the scam of Ground, which is to have underpaid workers produce far more than their pay would indicate, and then let the government subsidize their existence. How is someone getting paid $12 per hour, or even worse, flat-rated at a salary that doesn't allow for overtime, going to participate in our great capitalist democracy? They are going to be the ones sitting in the local ER at 3am trying to get care for their sick kid because there are no insurance benefits at their job, and they don't make enough to afford insurance.

Hey bbsam, maybe you should make the switch from coffee to Lipton.

Last edited:

bbsam

Staff member
If you are damned either way, then they really have won. Maybe MFE is right and this is the best that can be had; a place to blow off impotent steam.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If you are damned either way, then they really have won. Maybe MFE is right and this is the best that can be had; a place to blow off impotent steam.

Boo hoo. Is that the best you've got? It isn't impotent when the company monitors this site and also pays to place Brownbailout.com ads on it. The word is getting around, and while the process could be faster, more people are understanding the game. The only impotent steam around here is that which comes from your cup of Palinesque Tea.

bbsam

Staff member
LOL. MFE, I am quite certain that you and a few others around here are the only ones who would ever call me a Tea Partier. Take a step out of your little group hug here and peruse some other threads (maybe current events) and get a real feel. I am very much a democrat; not an Oberstar or Barney Frank (though I do like him) but a Bill Clinton, Rahm Emmanuel democrat. Pragmatism, toughness and knowing when and how to fight.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
LOL. MFE, I am quite certain that you and a few others around here are the only ones who would ever call me a Tea Partier. Take a step out of your little group hug here and peruse some other threads (maybe current events) and get a real feel. I am very much a democrat; not an Oberstar or Barney Frank (though I do like him) but a Bill Clinton, Rahm Emmanuel democrat. Pragmatism, toughness and knowing when and how to fight.

Democrats generally have progressive ideals (like providing workers a fair deal), while Tea Party types generally have regressive WalMart ideals. You seem more like the latter than the former. Sure you're in the right party?

bbsam

Staff member
Democrats generally have progressive ideals (like providing workers a fair deal), while Tea Party types generally have regressive WalMart ideals. You seem more like the latter than the former. Sure you're in the right party?
I'd say (as I've said before [Bill Clinton, Rahm Emmanuel]) I'm left of center. Walmart is afterall HQ'd in Arkansas. You know, where Bill Clinton was governor? But if you want to strike a confrontation with the likes of Clinton, Emmanuel, Lanis Davis, and President Obama because they are not progressive enough, I think you have a long, long road ahead with a very uncertain ending. Are you sure you have a party?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'd say (as I've said before [Bill Clinton, Rahm Emmanuel]) I'm left of center. Walmart is afterall HQ'd in Arkansas. You know, where Bill Clinton was governor? But if you want to strike a confrontation with the likes of Clinton, Emmanuel, Lanis Davis, and President Obama because they are not progressive enough, I think you have a long, long road ahead with a very uncertain ending. Are you sure you have a party?

No. The clown-car is chock-full of Democrats too.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You (bbsam) say you're a Democrat, but you write like a Tea Party Libertarian and seem to have a similar value system when it comes to so-called "free market" capitalism. As longs as you get yours, everything is just dandy. My point is that "The Borg" (Express) runs Ground, and does it in a way that exploits employees (yes, I did say employees) by pretending that they aren't employees. Fred skims most of the cream off the top by having a low-wage/no benefits workforce, and then lets you have a little bit for yourself for playing along.

It's totally ironic (and wrong) to have drivers who qualify for food stamps working for a multi-billion dollar company that says it's a "people" organization. Right... This is the scam of Ground, which is to have underpaid workers produce far more than their pay would indicate, and then let the government subsidize their existence. How is someone getting paid $12 per hour, or even worse, flat-rated at a salary that doesn't allow for overtime, going to participate in our great capitalist democracy? They are going to be the ones sitting in the local ER at 3am trying to get care for their sick kid because there are no insurance benefits at their job, and they don't make enough to afford insurance.

Hey bbsam, maybe you should make the switch from coffee to Lipton.

I would like to know what real "democrat" participates in and coordinates the free-market workplace scams.

bbsam

Staff member
I would like to know what real "democrat" participates in and coordinates the free-market workplace scams.

Well now, Sleeve, you have to get a concensus on the court to go along with your accusation of "scam" now, don't you? You can accuse all you want, but it doesn't make it so. Welcome to the legal environment of business.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

This is a very poor argument, as Bentonville AR was a tiny conservative town in NW AR, of 5,000, until the business boom associated with Wal-Qaeda took off in the 80s and 90s and the near-slave laborers moved there for blue collar work.

bbsam

Staff member
This is a very poor argument, as Bentonville AR was a tiny conservative town in NW AR, of 5,000, until the business boom associated with Wal-Qaeda took off in the 80s and 90s and the near-slave laborers moved there for blue collar work.
One governor, one state and do you suggest AR has not enriched it's coffers with it's corporate tennant? Good for the company, good for the state?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

When Clinton was president, he didn't exactly do FedEx workers any favors....or labor in general. Besides overlooking WalMart, he supported NAFTA and met with Fred S shortly before the 1996 sneaking of the FedEx language into the FAA Act at the last minute. One has to wonder what kind of deal was cut and how many dollars were spent for things to go Fred's way.

The legality of the Ground ISP will continue to be in peril as long as FedEx continues to increase the degree of control exerted over the Ground operation. Fred may be counting on the swerve to the Right to protect him, but that might not work in the long-run. There have been other companies that oversaw operations with much more detachment than FedEx who have had their workers legally declared employees.

FedExer267

We as Americans vote for these politicians based on their promises we also vote for their protection. They get in office and unfortunatley for us its all about the dollar. We have no voice in the government its all about big business and what can you do for me. Big business and worthless politicians are the reason for the downfall of the middle class.

However enough about worthless politicians with fake promises. I do believe FedEx is in for many more lawsuits with switching to ISP they are in essence forcing alot of so called small business's out of business. Half the Contractors I know are still paying off truck loans and if they are forced out for the new ISP model I dont believe for a minute they will go quitely. Sure you can sell to another Contractor however he isn't going to give you its worth because he knows your in a position that you have to sell and thats going to leave alot of small business owners upside down.

The other thing I wonder is with this new model it basically opens the door for the drivers to unionize which will screw the owner because he will not be able to afford it. What happens then?

bbsam

Staff member
We as Americans vote for these politicians based on their promises we also vote for their protection. They get in office and unfortunatley for us its all about the dollar. We have no voice in the government its all about big business and what can you do for me. Big business and worthless politicians are the reason for the downfall of the middle class.

However enough about worthless politicians with fake promises. I do believe FedEx is in for many more lawsuits with switching to ISP they are in essence forcing alot of so called small business's out of business. Half the Contractors I know are still paying off truck loans and if they are forced out for the new ISP model I dont believe for a minute they will go quitely. Sure you can sell to another Contractor however he isn't going to give you its worth because he knows your in a position that you have to sell and thats going to leave alot of small business owners upside down.

The other thing I wonder is with this new model it basically opens the door for the drivers to unionize which will screw the owner because he will not be able to afford it. What happens then?
They are already going quietly. Combination of being bought out by ISP's and company "growth incentives" and a $10,000 payment in return for not bringing a lawsuit. Actually alot of the former contractors are happy with the switch. They still make a decent living driving for a contractor and are getting off 2 to 3 hours earlier. Best situation is a former contractor still making a salary of close to $2,000 a week, 4 weeks vacation and done by 5 every day. That, is one hell of a route. Oh, and he sold the route for $150,000.

FedExer267

They are already going quietly. Combination of being bought out by ISP's and company "growth incentives" and a $10,000 payment in return for not bringing a lawsuit. Actually alot of the former contractors are happy with the switch. They still make a decent living driving for a contractor and are getting off 2 to 3 hours earlier. Best situation is a former contractor still making a salary of close to $2,000 a week, 4 weeks vacation and done by 5 every day. That, is one hell of a route. Oh, and he sold the route for $150,000.
So thats one driver out of many that is treated right. Ok thats cool good for him. I can be totally off base here but according to my boss he will no longer be a IC but a employee of his own business which makes us all employees of a business right? So how will they keep the union out now when you have alot of drivers that want to be treated fairly? and if we live in a OT state and are now considered employees wont we be entitled to OT now as well? just curious

bbsam

Staff member
So thats one driver out of many that is treated right. Ok thats cool good for him. I can be totally off base here but according to my boss he will no longer be a IC but a employee of his own business which makes us all employees of a business right? So how will they keep the union out now when you have alot of drivers that want to be treated fairly? and if we live in a OT state and are now considered employees wont we be entitled to OT now as well? just curious
I'm not sure. It sounds to me like he's just talking about the fact that he is incorporating. My business is incorporated and I and all of my employees are employees of that corporation. I suppose all my drivers could unionize, but that would only be unionized members of bbsam inc. So within our building with the 7 ISP's you could theoretically have 7 unions, or 1 or 4, whatever. But what you couldn't get is 4 of my drivers with 6 of another ISP and so on and have one union because there are th separate companies and each would have to have a union certification vote. You would have the union trying to herd cats.