Mr Fedex goes big time

thedownhillEXPRESS

and maybe monkeys will fly out of Fred's butt on Meet the Press while debating MFE. I mean anything's possible.;)
You would have said the same thing last night if somebody said that the Christian Science Monitor would quote MFE in an article :teethy:
Yes BB,anything is possible and hell may have even frozen over!

bbsam

Staff member
You would have said the same thing last night if somebody said that the Christian Science Monitor would quote MFE in an article :teethy:
Yes BB,anything is possible and hell may have even frozen over!
I'm still not convinced that the reporter may not come to regret that quote.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
This is my stance on whistleblowing ........

1gjdAX7.gif

This is the movie I was thinking of in my other post about Drug Overlord Smith. I loved Leslie Nielsen, and this scene is one of his best...Bravo.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
So how 'bout it couriers? Anyone else ready to go in front of the camera?

Oh my. As quiet as an Express "card signing" party. MFE, looks like you're on your own.
Down Scam! Geez, what's it been a solid hour since you asked. My God it's Friday night, think people here might have other things going on? Ease off the crank and come to home to reality.

Sure I'll go before the cameras but I want legal representation with me since Fred always has that opportunity.

I'm sure you can arrange this and have the attorney's fees charged to your station (the Moline, Illinois Ground facility) since I sure as hell ain't gonna pay for them myself.

fedex_rtd

Yeh it's Friday night, but I just had to chime in on this.....If you work at a station within 30 miles if the Mexican border, than for sure you have taken drug packages over the counter, or loaded them onto a CTV to be driven past one of those CBP checkpoints that are on the major highways just north of the border.

Hell of a lot safer to have FedEx move your drugs than to do it yourself. While I won't back up MFE on the 50lbs of coke, I do know of at least two CSA's that used to play amateur DEA man and get permission to have a package opened, and they were just about as good as a drug dog.

vantexan

Bottom line is no matter what the CSM wrote, the court already handed down the indictment so the people that matter think there's a problem. Interesting that fines could be that much more than what UPS paid. Could it be that the current Justice Dept has it out for FedEx for all the machinations that kept a union out? If this looks likely I doubt we'll see a raise for quite awhile. They've made mistakes before, but nothing that cost them this much.

vantexan

Yeh it's Friday night, but I just had to chime in on this.....If you work at a station within 30 miles if the Mexican border, than for sure you have taken drug packages over the counter, or loaded them onto a CTV to be driven past one of those CBP checkpoints that are on the major highways just north of the border.

Hell of a lot safer to have FedEx move your drugs than to do it yourself. While I won't back up MFE on the 50lbs of coke, I do know of at least two CSA's that used to play amateur DEA man and get permission to have a package opened, and they were just about as good as a drug dog.
I'll go you one better. Worked at a station on border that had a bunch of employees arrested for shipping drugs. Slipped pkgs in after DEA ran the dogs through.

overflowed

Bottom line is no matter what the CSM wrote, the court already handed down the indictment so the people that matter think there's a problem. Interesting that fines could be that much more than what UPS paid. Could it be that the current Justice Dept has it out for FedEx for all the machinations that kept a union out? If this looks likely I doubt we'll see a raise for quite awhile. They've made mistakes before, but nothing that cost them this much.
Maybe why the TSA interest in messing with the stations?

bbsam

Staff member
Hey Sam, why do you seem so nervous about all this? Seems very strange for just a mod.
Not nervous. interested.
Watching the drama play out much like it always does when a certain BC cabal becomes energized because they are certain that Memphis is about to implode. But lets face it. They're talking about possibly twice the amount that UPS paid. $80 million is a lot of money but nothing that is going to kill the company and they could probably make it go away tomorrow for $50 million if they really wanted to.
As far as MFE and other BC posters go, I doubt we'll see any such interviews. CSM used a MFE quote anecdotally but I doubt their interest goes any deeper.

This is a bona fide opportunity to get this story front and center but it comes with the risks that all whistle blowers face. I'm interested in seeing if anyone is interested in finally putting it on the line like they never have before. How 'bout it overflowed? Doesn't that interest you?

bbsam

Staff member
Down Scam! Geez, what's it been a solid hour since you asked. My God it's Friday night, think people here might have other things going on? Ease off the crank and come to home to reality.

Sure I'll go before the cameras but I want legal representation with me since Fred always has that opportunity.

I'm sure you can arrange this and have the attorney's fees charged to your station (the Moline, Illinois Ground facility) since I sure as hell ain't gonna pay for them myself.
Oh stop. You have local lawyers who'd love to get their name out there and provide you pro bono representation.

oldngray

nowhere special

I think the fines for FedEx are higher because they tried to fight instead of just quietly settling and paying less.

!Retired!

I'd be happy to testify as to what I have seen over the years.
Yeah, your testimony would go real far. All FedEx would need to do is search here and they'd portray you as a disgruntled employee.
All true and provable?
Of course not. Corroboration would be nice, but nobody else on here has seen what he has seen.
True. But this is about the CSM article and MFE blowing the lid off the boiling pot. They quoted him. Shouldn't they want the whole story?
Of course they would. He wouldn't admit if they did, but he might have already gotten a message or email asking him. Since he has no physical proof, they dismissed it.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Not nervous. interested.
Watching the drama play out much like it always does when a certain BC cabal becomes energized because they are certain that Memphis is about to implode. But lets face it. They're talking about possibly twice the amount that UPS paid. $80 million is a lot of money but nothing that is going to kill the company and they could probably make it go away tomorrow for $50 million if they really wanted to.
As far as MFE and other BC posters go, I doubt we'll see any such interviews. CSM used a MFE quote anecdotally but I doubt their interest goes any deeper.

This is a bona fide opportunity to get this story front and center but it comes with the risks that all whistle blowers face. I'm interested in seeing if anyone is interested in finally putting it on the line like they never have before. How 'bout it overflowed? Doesn't that interest you?
The number quoted is 1.6 billion.
They gave Fedex the chance to settle already.

hypo hanna

The potential fines could be more because fedex said they would fight the charges. UPS settled out of court.
fedex will probably settle too at some later date. It certainly won't be for 1.6 billion. I'm sure the company has its lobbyist working OT right now putting pressure on their congressman to call off the dogs.

bbsam

Staff member
The potential fines could be more because fedex said they would fight the charges. UPS settled out of court.
fedex will probably settle too at some later date. It certainly won't be for 1.6 billion. I'm sure the company has its lobbyist working OT right now putting pressure on their congressman to call off the dogs.
Not quite yet. I'm not sure the company sees this as bad press. I think a lot of people (like myself) think the courts have it wrong this time. If public opinion is on their side, they may drag it out.