Mr. FedEx will be happy about this one

CJinx

Mayor/nanny Bloomberg is a public nuisance. Good riddance to him.

On one hand, we're not really in a position to know what's in every box we deliver; but on the other hand, we're supposedly in business with an Indian tobacco company that doesn't seem to grasp the concept of sales tax. :\

I also find it interesting that neither the Indian nation nor the shop that sold the product are defendants in this lawsuit. Their pockets not deep enough for Bloomberg?

DontThrowPackages

On my way in right now. Can't wait to hear what excuse they come up with to take away more, from us, to cover this greedy move that's coming to bit them/us in the wallet.

FUFred

To pay for the lawsuit the following will happen:
FO, SAT, and door tags stickers will no longer be printed.
No pay raise this year, FedEx doesn't make enough money.
All freight must be delivered, no exceptions.
All couriers will start 30 minutes later, RTB will be 1450 for everyone and punched out by 1500.
Fedex will start changing $30 a month per car for parking.

bluehdmc

FedEx states:
"Through its contracts with customers, FedEx prohibits the shipment of tobacco direct to consumers and believes the claims made by the city are overstated and not founded in law," it said. "FedEx intends to defend this case while continuing to work with authorities to stop prohibited tobacco shipments."

What did they think they were shipping, beads and wampum?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx states:
"Through its contracts with customers, FedEx prohibits the shipment of tobacco direct to consumers and believes the claims made by the city are overstated and not founded in law," it said. "FedEx intends to defend this case while continuing to work with authorities to stop prohibited tobacco shipments."

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
FedEx states:

So, FedEx knowingly violated their own policies. This is simply a new and revised version of "We admit no wrongdoing and will vigorously defend ourselves in court". In other words, FedEx will settle out-of-court because they got caught.

bbsam

Staff member
So, FedEx knowingly violated their own policies. This is simply a new and revised version of "We admit no wrongdoing and will vigorously defend ourselves in court". In other words, FedEx will settle out-of-court because they got caught.
of course it takes both sides to agree to settle out of court.

CJinx

Because of his public health initiatives? Bloomberg did a lot of great things as mayor.
There's nothing wrong with getting the necessary information to the public about the products they use that aren't good for them, it's another thing entirely to attempt regulate industry so that the public must conform to your vision of how things should be.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
There's nothing wrong with getting the necessary information to the public about the products they use that aren't good for them, it's another thing entirely to attempt regulate industry so that the public must conform to your vision of how things should be.

I agree (amazingly). It's great to educate someone that drinking 2 or 3 "Big Gulps" per day could make you fat and unhealthy. It's another to shove it down your throat with legislation. If someone wants to be stupid...let them. It isn't government's job to handhold you.

bbsam

Staff member
Sure it does. I was just pointing-out that FedEx is using standard jargon for a potential settlement.
And I was just saying that the government doesn't really care as long as they get a cut--a cut that will be far less than what they are shooting for.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
A lot of good Fred's overstaffed legal department did at avoiding this whole mess.

They'll get a bonus for it too.

NonyaBiznes

Yanked Out My Purple-Blood I.V. In 2000!
The company was started unlawfully and we expect them to be on the "up and up?"

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh