Mr. Hoffa. Get Off Your Ass Right Now

MAKAVELI

I think you know little to nothing of RPS. The Ground terminal employees got the "You don't want or need a union. Here's a $.50/hr raise." treatment.
Of course they got the " you don't want a union" treatment. They sent in a team to bust the organizing effort up and it worked. But if I'm not mistaken there was also a group of contractors who tried to organize and was unable to because the courts could not come to a consensus that they were employees and protected under the law to form a union. I would think it would be even harder for you because you are under the new isp.

bbsam

Staff member
I guess you must be making shi t up.

You couldn't find it? Or too lazy to look? Want everybody to do everything for you, eh? Who's getting those cards signed for you? Or have you given up and now since a few UPS folks around here are talking, you've decided to let them do the work?

MAKAVELI

I guess you must be making shi t up.

You couldn't find it? Or too lazy to look? Want everybody to do everything for you, eh? Who's getting those cards signed for you? Or have you given up and now since a few UPS folks around here are talking, you've decided to let them do the work?
Like a true FedEx plant you try and change the topic and avoid the question. The truth is I don't care to look it up because I know it's bs. You posted it so if you want people to believe it than prove it. And I'm definitely not going to tell you my business. Just by you pressing those questions I would say you are a little scared.

MAKAVELI

bbsam

Staff member
Like a true FedEx plant you try and change the topic and avoid the question. The truth is I don't care to look it up because I know it's bs. You posted it so if you want people to believe it than prove it. And I'm definitely not going to tell you my business. Just by you pressing those questions I would say you are a little scared.
Facts sure do get in your way, don't they? No matter. Just ignore them. Judging by the sudden rage going on with Teamster/UPS negotiations, I wouldn't be waiting for that white knight to be riding in. Seems they have their own Brown Dragon to slay. They don't have time to care that you are devoured by a Purple Dragon.

bbsam

Staff member
What exactly does this prove? From what I get out of that is the drivers were found to be employees, which you are not. Then were certified to vote for a union. Then RPS contested the vote and lost. Very mild in comparison to FedEx tactics of intimidation, bribery, and willingness to spend millions possibly billions on busting up any organizing effort.
Yes all that is what RPS did BEFORE it got to the courts. And guess how they finally broke the union. When the yearly settlement increases came around, there were none for the folks in Michigan. And do you know why? The company used the excuse that they were in "negotiations" with the union. Decertification came soon after.

bbsam

Staff member
As to what the point is, the point is that there has actually been some success in organizing the Ground opco as RPS under the NLRA. The same can't be said for Express. And it's much easier for Memphis to fire couriers left and right. It's far more dificult to void agreements held with thousands of contractors.

Ricochet1a

Teamster Leadership Betrays Union Drive at FedEx Ground: Interview with a FedEx Worker

This is an EXCELLENT interview. I was looking for information on that attempted drive at the time. The interview answers a lot of questions I had regarding the effort.

Express people SHOULD READ THIS to get an idea of what they will face should they ever decide to get a grassroots drive going.

MAKAVELI

As to what the point is, the point is that there has actually been some success in organizing the Ground opco as RPS under the NLRA. The same can't be said for Express. And it's much easier for Memphis to fire couriers left and right. It's far more dificult to void agreements held with thousands of contractors.
You are leaving out one important fact that those RPS contractors were found to be employees by the nlrb before they held a vote. So again what is your point? Are you a contractor or emlpoyee? If you are a contractor than you have no rights under the nlra to organize.And again what RPS did is mild in comparison to the ongoing anti union machine that FedEx is.

bbsam

Staff member
You are leaving out one important fact that those RPS contractors were found to be employees by the nlrb before they held a vote. So again what is your point? Are you a contractor or emlpoyee? If you are a contractor than you have no rights under the nlra to organize.And again what RPS did is mild in comparison to the ongoing anti union machine that FedEx is.

I believe the parties decided for the purpose of the court that contractor/employees would not be litigated. In essence,it did not matter one way or the other.

MAKAVELI

I believe the parties decided for the purpose of the court that contractor/employees would not be litigated. In essence,it did not matter one way or the other.
It doesn't matter if it wasn't litigated. If the nlrb had found them to be contractors under the law there wouldn't be a vote.

MAKAVELI

Teamster Leadership Betrays Union Drive at FedEx Ground: Interview with a FedEx Worker

This is an EXCELLENT interview. I was looking for information on that attempted drive at the time. The interview answers a lot of questions I had regarding the effort.

Express people SHOULD READ THIS to get an idea of what they will face should they ever decide to get a grassroots drive going.
The name of that publication says it all. Yea that's an unbiased publication. ;)