MRE process, background check

Discussion in 'UPS Partners' started by aintbleedinbrown, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Thanks to everyone in advance. I am going through the process of becoming a FT Sup. I have been with the company for eight years as a PT Sup and have kept my nose clean. My req for FT was approved and now all I have to do is pass the background check and MRE test. My question is three years ago I received a probation before judgement for misdemeanor assault. Will this hang up my background check or will it be a non problem. What exactly are they looking for in this background check?
  2. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

No idea.
    Are they aware of this?
    Did you circumvent disclosing this?
  3. Yes they are aware of this and no I didnt circumvent disclosing it. I made the company aware when it happened as well as when I went up for promo.
  4. I got into a fight with my ex-wifes boyfriend and we all can imagine how that played out. Only time ive ever been in trouble, dont even have any traffic tickets. ever. :-/
  5. Monkey Butt

Should not be a problem then.
    The background check is to ensure you disclosed everything.
    Good luck!
  6. I hope not, im rather worried about it.
  7. Monkey Butt

Hopefully, being a full-time sup will make this seem minor. :wink2:
  8. I have been playing full-time sup for a long, long time. It's about time I reap the benefits. I see it your way, in the grand scheme of things the worrying about somthing trivial is a drop in the bucket compared to this career change. I just cant believe how little insight there is anymore on the big brown cafe, lol. :confused:
  9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

I've never eaten and MRE. Any good?
  10. Boulevard859710

Boulevard859710 Active Member

Not bad. They're great if your starving though.
  11. OK4service

OK4service New Member

I found the MRE to be difficult. It took me around 4 hours to complete.

You will be a hypothetical manager at a hypothetical company who must respond and react to employees questions and concerns over the course of a simulated work day. It is timed and you must think and make decisions quickly.

My immiediate reaction after finishing it I thought i had failed, i ended up passing tho.

It is still a very new process and not many people have taken it yet.

Best advice i can give is to take it seriously, make sure you have no distractions because the time limits come up quick. Good Luck!
  12. burrheadd

burrheadd Superstar

Did he beat your ass??
  13. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

I've had them when I was stationed overseas. They're not too bad.
  14. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Some are ok. The pork was nasty.
  15. We used to eat those ,when I was in the Boy Scouts.
  16. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Ever eat the old C or K rats? MRE's are a huge improvement.
  17. No I haven't.
  18. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Think spam. As the highlight of your meal.
  19. hardcharger

hardcharger Member

Chicken ala king , and mix in the cheese spread for your crackers was some good :censored2:!!! Semper fi
  20. As a former marine I will say that if I smell tabasco sauce I get sick to my stomach. I've had my fair share of MRE's to the point that doomsday planning will include no MRE planning, at least the gov surplus ones.